collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Illegal shed hunters on wdfw land  (Read 63965 times)

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
Re: Illegal shed hunters on wdfw land
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
There are a few people that do post on here that go into these closed areas.. not just oak creek. It is pretty frustrating for those of us that want to pick up a few horns legally and wait until may 1st to enter these closed areas when we find out that people have already been in them picking up boat loads of horns. Those of you that don't live around the feed lots don't understand. These elk do get fed in them but many of them will hang around until late March or April before leaving, that is unless someone goes into the feed lots illegally and spooks them out.

Hence my post about the "volunteers"
I completely agree with your frustrations and am not condoning the trespassing
Go hawks

Offline Remnar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 10:45:43 PM »
 WoW! Kinda blows my mind that anyone would think that having 100% public access to areas such as Oak Creek  year around would be a good idea .

Offline REHJWA

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »
To the ones that think this is ok...how is trespassing ok? If it were your property would you be what's the harm, or would you be posting trail cam pics trying to internet shame them or pressing charges?   :dunno:

To those doing the trespassing...how is illegal taking of large sheds any better then poaching a trophy....is it still a trophy to you knowing you broke the law (even if you don't like the law)?

As for anyone who has witnessed a game violation and not reported it, how can you complain about the problems with enforcement and lack of support for law enforcement officers.

30 pages about a Possibly raffle tag poached bull yet it's all good to break the law if there sheds....

Sure there are bigger problems out there but what is in the future for us as hunters if we don't set, adhere, and uphold to a standard? I can't believe the direction this thread took... :bash:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:15:47 PM by REHJWA »

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 11:14:48 PM »
To the ones that think this is ok...how is trespassing ok? If it were your property would you be what's the harm, or would you be posting trail cam pics trying to internet shame them or pressing charges?   :dunno:

To those doing the trespassing...how is illegal taking of large sheds any better then poaching a trophy....is it still a trophy to you knowing you broke the law (even if you don't like the law)?  and if it's for profit how it any better then poaching at all?

As for anyone who has witnessed a game violation and not reported it, how can you complain about the problems with enforcement and lack of support for law enforcement officers.

What is in the future for us as hunters? I can't believe the direction this thread took...

Who said it was ok to trespass?.... Just saying the eyes in the woods idea seems ridiculous to me. Oh let's get hunters to nit pick each other and rat on each other even if it was an honest mistake. Instead of informing and educating. Some people on this forum are complete hypocrites, one week saying oh I'm leaving the deer and elk alone this winter there's a lot of snow, then the next week posting pictures of deer shedding antlers.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:20:56 PM by Duckslayer89 »

Offline REHJWA

• Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »
There are a few people that do post on here that go into these closed areas.. not just oak creek. It is pretty frustrating for those of us that want to pick up a few horns legally and wait until may 1st to enter these closed areas when we find out that people have already been in them picking up boat loads of horns. Those of you that don't live around the feed lots don't understand. These elk do get fed in them but many of them will hang around until late March or April before leaving, that is unless someone goes into the feed lots illegally and spooks them out.

This was the trespassing I was referring too....going into a closed area =trespassing :dunno:

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 11:23:47 PM »

This was the trespassing I was referring too....going into a closed area =trespassing :dunno:

Well I would be very interested in hearing some names of the people that trespass. That seems like an assumption. But that would piss me off big time having people going in early, I could understand why peeps are frustrated. If your out hitting the hills though don't point fingers at other guys pressuring animals.

Offline REHJWA

• Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »

To those doing the trespassing...how is illegal taking of large sheds any better then poaching a trophy....is it still a trophy to you knowing you broke the law (even if you don't like the law)?  and if it's for profit how it any better then poaching at all?

What is in the future for us as hunters? I can't believe the direction this thread took...

Who said it was ok to trespass? Have you read through the thread even? Same bull crap liberal Hillary supporters do. OH YOU WANT TO BUILD A WALL? YOUR A RACIST.... Just saying the eyes in the woods idea seems ridiculous to me. Oh let's get hunters to nit pick each other and rat on each other even if it was an honest mistake. Instead of informing and educating. Some people on this forum are complete hypocrites, one week saying oh I'm leaving the deer and elk alone this winter there's a lot of snow, then the next week posting pictures of deer shedding antlers.

Eyes in the woods is to assist with the limited number of enforcement officials available. Most successful game  violation prosecution start by a tip from an eyewitness see the thread on Wyoming trophy mule deer poached.

As far informed and educated I would recommend leaving that to LE discretion....

Offline REHJWA

• Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 11:28:29 PM »
 :

Well I would be very interested in hearing some names of the people that trespass. That seems like an assumption. But that would piss me off big time having people going in early, I could understand why peeps are frustrated. If your out hitting the hills though don't point fingers at other guys pressuring animals.
:yeah:

Offline zike

• Scout
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 03:00:54 AM »
How much are you selling them for?

Make it illegal to sell sheds and it would solve a good portion to the problem.

:yeah:

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 06:19:35 AM »
I am just wondering here, how would you all know if it wasn't the dude driving the feed truck at the feeding stations?? I am thinkn that if a dude was driving a feed truck and saw a few sets of sheds that he could make a few bucks by picking them up, probably would just look at it as perks of the job, I know I would!!!
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 06:24:52 AM »

I don't have any solid evidence to back it up so I'm not going to name anyone. It's mostly hearsay and bragging and too much background on facebook pictures. Also, I'm not ip pushing animals around in the hills. I was watching a large herd of elk from January until mid March that had about 20 bulls in it. I went out of town for a week and they are no where to be found. I decided to go look and see if I could find any sheds where they had been but all I found was a bunch of four wheeler tracks all over the hill side well off of the green dot roads that they are supposed to stay on.

Offline sebla

• Tracker
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 06:49:37 AM »
Eyes in the woods is an awesome idea.. The only people that are in the feeding stations early are the worthless ones that cant get a real job and have to sell horns to make a living pisses me off when I wait till may to take my kids out to find horns and there are fresh beer cans and people tracks everywhere.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
These threads make me happy that I am not a hardcore shed guy.  Same with the waterfowl ranting threads.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline REHJWA

• Sourdough
Re: Illegal shed hunters
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 07:56:37 AM »
Which should lead to what....

If found guilty maybe service time.. toward habitat improvement....mortality studies...educating visitors to feed stations on the importance of winter range...

What would you say is just if someone trespassed against you?

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 08:14:48 AM »
From a guy who doesn't actively shed hunt...it sounds to me like you guys are your own worst enemy. I expect before long there will be a statewide season for shed hunting and/or profiting from it will be banned. Personally, I'd be in favor of both. I don't care about bone on the ground, just the critters it falls from!  :twocents:
Fish hard, hunt harder!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw