collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Illegal shed hunters on wdfw land  (Read 63953 times)

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: Illegal shed hunters
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »
Since when has picking up naturally shed antlers become illegal?? Crap ola, I done get how wdfw can make something like that illegal??? And I cant imagine the sort that would RAT someone out for picking up a damn shed.. I am betting its people who are pissed off cause they didn't get their lazy asses there first... RAT...

It's been illegal for awhile on seasonally closed wdfw lands. Apparently people don't care or don't read the "this areas is closed March-April" sign.

It's amazing what people will do for a shed antler. People have even been caught jumping the fence at the feed lot this year in broad daylight when the wdfw were still feeding the elk.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Cheaters will screw it up for everybody.     :bash:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Online Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Illegal shed hunters on wdfw land
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2016, 09:09:06 AM »
These threads make me happy that I am not a hardcore shed guy.  Same with the waterfowl ranting threads.

I've been shed hunting pretty hard core, and haven't found one this year LOL. I don't know who would want to sell the sheds after working their asses off to find one.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »
Maybe Wdfw should do some stings with sheds that have radio transmitters in them.
I saw it on wardens on tv.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2016, 10:01:12 AM »
Maybe Wdfw should do some stings with sheds that have radio transmitters in them.

Or maybe a sting operation involving bees hidden inside the antler(s) so they really get stung

Perhaps obtaining some alarm pheromone from a queen bee and wiping that onto the antler(s) so anybody who takes that antler will have a swarm of angry bees in their truck. 

C'mon guys, lets get some solutions going.  BULLBLASTER and I can't do everything for you.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »

I love this idea! Big gnarly one's too! Imagine the look of some jack wagons that play the part of the good guy then get nailed in a full blown lie! Priceless! I feel that under the right circumstances penalties should be harsh enough to GUARANTEE results, like say a mandatory minimum $500 dollar fine for trespassing while shed hunting or shed hunting in a closed area with forfeiture of any sheds collected and 20 hours of community service related to conservation. It's the slap on the wrist BS that keeps these guys coming back. If you go out and get caught again then take away hunting rights for a year. That should stop these busters and then you would see results. Same guys doing this sort of thing are the same guy's tossing out beer can's and driving drunk and saying " hey it was just one antler" well "hey it was just one beer". As long as they make it home afterwards they seem to think it's ok. It's sad and it just makes the next guy wanna say F-it and go out and do the same cuz everyone else is. Harsher punishment would solve a lot of these issues we all discuss on these forums yet we can't seem to up the ante to get it stopped. Wish we could.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2016, 10:12:37 AM »
#shedhuntersmatter

The man trying to keep folks down

Online Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2016, 10:48:29 AM »

Ya that's a great use of all the money I pour into their pockets.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2016, 10:51:51 AM »

Or maybe a sting operation involving bees hidden inside the antler(s) so they really get stung

Perhaps obtaining some alarm pheromone from a queen bee and wiping that onto the antler(s) so anybody who takes that antler will have a swarm of angry bees in their truck. 

C'mon guys, lets get some solutions going.  BULLBLASTER and I can't do everything for you.
He'll while we're at it we can set net traps under decoy sheds to catch the shed hunters. Then load them up in the net on a flat bed and parade around some location and show off the "catch"

Offline Brad Harshman

• Longhunter
Re: Illegal shed hunters
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2016, 10:56:36 AM »
Since when has picking up naturally shed antlers become illegal?? Crap ola, I done get how wdfw can make something like that illegal??? And I cant imagine the sort that would RAT someone out for picking up a damn shed.. I am betting its people who are pissed off cause they didn't get their lazy asses there first... RAT...
It's already illegal in many areas including National Parks such as Mt. Rainier.  It wouldn't be hard to make it illegal on state lands either.  It would suck if they did though!

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2016, 11:03:27 AM »

He'll while we're at it we can set net traps under decoy sheds to catch the shed hunters. Then load them up in the net on a flat bed and parade around some location and show off the "catch"

I like it.   :chuckle:

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline yum tag soup

• Hunter
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2016, 11:40:56 AM »
Isn't shed hunting a feed station kinda like fishing a u-fish? Wonder if people are really upset with the animals being pushed around or if they're mad about someone else hitting the pond first.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »
Of course we're upset someone got there first. That's what hunting and fishing is all about isn't it? :dunno: You gotta beat the other guy to the good spot and you're clearly a better sportsman if your antlers are bigger and your fish is fatter! I can understand if this confuses some folks but the measure of a good outdoorsman is clearly in inches and pounds! :chuckle: With some people it's a sickness worse than smoking. They just can't tell themselves to quit.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »
To the illegal shed hunters,

Post your illegal sheds here!! Some of you are keeping the wdfw and it's eyes in the woods volunteers pretty busy this spring trying to catch you!! Why can't you people play by the rules? Pretty soon, shed hunting will be banned because of people like you who have to go into the seasonally closed areas and illegally shed hunt.

Just had to rant about the idiots that can't play fair. Only 1 more month to go for the responsible shed hunters that hit the feeding stations on may 1.

Permits are only a couple of years away. Mark my words.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:18 PM »
To the illegal shed hunters,

Post your illegal sheds here!! Some of you are keeping the wdfw and it's eyes in the woods volunteers pretty busy this spring trying to catch you!! Why can't you people play by the rules? Pretty soon, shed hunting will be banned because of people like you who have to go into the seasonally closed areas and illegally shed hunt.

Just had to rant about the idiots that can't play fair. Only 1 more month to go for the responsible shed hunters that hit the feeding stations on may 1.

Permits are only a couple of years away. Mark my words.

Great for WDFW. Create a permit system for people to apply for different units to shed hunt. Get all that money and money for people busted finding them out hiking.

Offline Fishhuntmike

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
Should I get my child in on this new antler point point system.  I'm very concerned about future point creep.  Heaven forbid, I'm going to loose sleep over this one.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]