collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Illegal shed hunters on wdfw land  (Read 63969 times)

Online Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Illegal shed hunters on wdfw land
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »
Should I get my child in on this new antler point point system.  I'm very concerned about future point creep.  Heaven forbid, I'm going to loose sleep over this one.

Ya and then for all the EYES IN THE WOODS BOYS they will get extra points for turning in guys out shed hunting without a permit.

Offline jkthomps

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »

This photo is from the MDF State Chair. The point is the areas are closed.

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
pretty cut and dry if you ask me

I'm waiting for 5/1 to do those areas but have been to others that have no restriction
dont see an issue with that myself
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
Exactly MADMAX.

What's your beef with Eyes in the Woods, Duck89? DFW putting on volunteer classes so those in the woods can notice wrong doings and and better educated on how to report them. :dunno: One of the brightest ideas they've had in quite a while if you ask me. They admit they lack in enforcement and are happily asking for fellow hunters and outdoors people to help them out. Also, if you think you can receive bonus points for turning illegal fence jumpers in, then I've probably wasted my time typing this.

Offline yum tag soup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »
Of course we're upset someone got there first. That's what hunting and fishing is all about isn't it? :dunno: You gotta beat the other guy to the good spot and you're clearly a better sportsman if your antlers are bigger and your fish is fatter! I can understand if this confuses some folks but the measure of a good outdoorsman is clearly in inches and pounds! :chuckle: With some people it's a sickness worse than smoking. They just can't tell themselves to quit.
I see what u did there

Offline fishwhackin

• Hunter
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 04:22:39 PM »
I always figured that you had to get out early to get them before the poachers got them?  With that being said, a majority of people including us hunters require or need more education on the purpose of these closed lands and should probably apply it to other lands that aren't closed also.  It is mostly in part for protection of the elk following the rut/hunting season followed by winter.  If you are hiking on open land at this same time, a little common sense would go a long way.  If the winter has been rough and the elk are needing the recooperation time undisturbed then give them the respect they deserve and leave them alone.  I'm not saying that you can't go out on public land or your own private land this time of year, just don't push the animals intentionally.  If you see them, turn around or go around them.  If it was a winter in your area like the one before last in the cascades with minimal snow, then feel free to bump them a little more in your adventures.  If it is like this year where the snowfall is greater than average, then try to stay away from them.  It is out of respect for the animals that you are wanting to pursue.  I am sure it is more fun to get to put your hands on the antlers while still attached to the animal the following fall/winter after harvest than it is to find them on a winter kill and think of how much you wish you had a chance to tag that animal during the season.  I love shed antlers as much as the next guy but it is not in my mind worth causing the animal stress to the point that it does not survive until the next hunting season.  By the way, the opening comment was sarcasm.  Yes, I support eyes in the woods.  They are like a lock and help keep us honest people honest.

Online Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 04:38:47 PM »
Exactly MADMAX.

What's your beef with Eyes in the Woods, Duck89? DFW putting on volunteer classes so those in the woods can notice wrong doings and and better educated on how to report them. :dunno: One of the brightest ideas they've had in quite a while if you ask me. They admit they lack in enforcement and are happily asking for fellow hunters and outdoors people to help them out. Also, if you think you can receive bonus points for turning illegal fence jumpers in, then I've probably wasted my time typing this.

There's to many do gooders out trying to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong. Our opinions differ in lack of enforcement. I see game wardens up in the area I like to mountain bike ride/shed hunt about every other time I'm up there. Stop you for no reason whatsoever and puff their chests out. Only to be disappointed that I have a CWP, seatbelt on, headlights on, and rifle unloaded. So of course they feel they have to remind me 10x not to let my extremely well behaved lab run elk because they can't find anything else. Ok ok ok I say have a nice day thanks for ruining my relaxing afternoon. In Idaho where I've hunted all around the Church, 10a and 10, I've never even seen a game warden or been stopped. Last time I was stopped in WA, I was literally driving along some remote logging road listening to music and the game warden was parked in the middle of the road sitting there doing nothing.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 05:20:04 PM »
I suspect that half of the people who don't agree with closed areas this time of year don't understand why they're closed and/or don't have enough respect for the animals to care.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »
I suspect that half of the people who don't agree with closed areas this time of year don't understand why they're closed and/or don't have enough respect for the animals to care.
quite honestly I think they know why the areas are closed but don't have enough respect for the animals. They also see it as an opportunity to go pick up a lot of horns with no other competition. Like I say it happens in every feed station, not just oak creek.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
quite honestly I think they know why the areas are closed but don't have enough respect for the animals. They also see it as an opportunity to go pick up a lot of horns with no other competition. Like I say it happens in every feed station, not just oak creek.

You're probably right.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline shedkid

• Hunter
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2016, 07:38:21 PM »
Just so everyone knows I have dibs on this one and I have been training day after day to be the first one to it!! :tup: :chuckle:  :chuckle:

Offline yum tag soup

• Hunter
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
I'm not saying its OK, because its not but unless these people are running the animals down with 4wheelers or trucks, maybe dogs let's not call it something its not. They are trespassing and should be dealt with. I jumped a herd of elk last weekend while looking for sheds. Crazy thing is that none of them ran up hill 10 miles into snow and none of them dropped dead. They went about 400 yards and I watched as some actually laid back down.

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »
Oh so now all of a sudden all the elk die when they see people walking nearby? You people are a joke and the reason our country is turning into a giant prison camp. It's a shame the way people lick the boots of their master that robs them daily and then turns the funds into new restrictions.   I do wonder how elk ever made it this far in time, considering the closed areas have only been around for a decade or two.  It's about controlling humans, not elk.   You guys sound like a bunch of slaves. Seriously.
 Wildlife harassment laws could deal with anyone pressuring elk and still leave PUBLIC LANDS open for coyote hunters, hikers and nature lovers who are the PUBLIC.

Online Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:02 PM »
Oh so now all of a sudden all the elk die when they see people walking nearby? You people are a joke and the reason our country is turning into a giant prison camp. It's a shame the way people lick the boots of their master that robs them daily and then turns the funds into new restrictions.   I do wonder how elk ever made it this far in time, considering the closed areas have only been around for a decade or two.  It's about controlling humans, not elk.   You guys sound like a bunch of slaves. Seriously.
 Wildlife harassment laws could deal with anyone pressuring elk and still leave PUBLIC LANDS open for coyote hunters, hikers and nature lovers who are the PUBLIC.

Ya I've been trying to explain this to everyone. THE SAME PEOPLE who call for smaller government in threads are calling for more enforcement and regulations in other threads. Make up your minds which side your on

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2016, 10:02:47 PM »

Ya I've been trying to explain this to everyone. THE SAME PEOPLE who call for smaller government in threads are calling for more enforcement and regulations in other threads. Make up your minds which side your on

it's very discouraging  to see so many grown men submit and grovel at the hand of a bunch of CROOKS. And to buy into their BS propaganda .   "It's for the safety of the...... _______ ". 

Fill in the blank

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal