collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Vortex question  (Read 13133 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Vortex question
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »
More Leupold scopes in post falls bargain cave than any other right now. Guess there junk too?

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »
More Leupold scopes in post falls bargain cave than any other right now. Guess there junk too?
Too many stories of how wonderful Leupold was about replacing failed optics for me to feel confident.
I don't own any Leupold for that reason....And a side by side comparison to a Burris left me less than impressed with their glass.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 08:52:13 AM »
I know a lot of guys here swear by Vortex optics and some don't care for them, I have looked through a few Vortex glass over the years and I personally don't see what the hype is.  Interesting though, I was in Cabelas on Saturday night and I walked into the Bargain Cave, 95% of the rifle scopes in the case were Vortex.  I didn't see one Swarovski, no Zeiss, no Leupold, maybe one or two Nikon's and one or two Burris scopes.  Now that makes me wonder why so many purchased them and returned them either for defects, repairs, or just plain poor quality.  The amount of returns on a product makes me think I'll never own a piece of Vortex optics.   :twocents:

Many times when you see this in the Bargain Cave they have replaced the demo units.  I have seen the same with other manufacturers products.

Yeah, I think they are adding new models or updates as many places have them for great prices now.

For me, they have worked great and the one warranty issue I had was dealt with for free, new unit to my door in under a week.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:58 AM »
I know a lot of guys here swear by Vortex optics and some don't care for them, I have looked through a few Vortex glass over the years and I personally don't see what the hype is.  Interesting though, I was in Cabelas on Saturday night and I walked into the Bargain Cave, 95% of the rifle scopes in the case were Vortex.  I didn't see one Swarovski, no Zeiss, no Leupold, maybe one or two Nikon's and one or two Burris scopes.  Now that makes me wonder why so many purchased them and returned them either for defects, repairs, or just plain poor quality.  The amount of returns on a product makes me think I'll never own a piece of Vortex optics.   :twocents:

Many times when you see this in the Bargain Cave they have replaced the demo units.  I have seen the same with other manufacturers products.

Yeah, I think they are adding new models or updates as many places have them for great prices now.

For me, they have worked great and the one warranty issue I had was dealt with for free, new unit to my door in under a week.

They generally impress me as providing value/dollar ratio that is very competitive and better than most of the competitor's across that part of their product range that I am personally familiar with, that would be Viper or higher.  As to their lower price point merch, I am not personally familiar with it.  And their customer service/repair service has been up there with what I get from Swaro and Leupold. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:09:55 AM by JDHasty »

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 09:05:17 AM »
I have always been less than impressed with TASCO and Simmons. 
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »
Bro!!  They are sleeper scopes!  Best dollar/quality value of any scope in the $20-$60 range there is!  Wake up dude!
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:25 AM »
Bro!!  They are sleeper scopes!  Best dollar/quality value of any scope in the $20-$60 range there is!  Wake up dude!

They'll get you on paper anyway  :tup:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:08 AM »

They'll get you on paper anyway  :tup:
  how big is the paper :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
Too many stories of how wonderful Leupold was about replacing failed optics for me to feel confident.
I don't own any Leupold for that reason....And a side by side comparison to a Burris left me less than impressed with their glass.
burris!  :yike: after their complete disregard for customer service on some binos I owned that were defective I'll never own another piece of Burris or Steiner optics again! Any optic company will have warranty issues, it's just how it is. To me it is how they handle the issues they do have.  :twocents:

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 07:38:02 AM »
burris!  :yike: after their complete disregard for customer service on some binos I owned that were defective I'll never own another piece of Burris or Steiner optics again! Any optic company will have warranty issues, it's just how it is. To me it is how they handle the issues they do have.  :twocents:
Strange.
I sent a scope in to be cleaned and they couldn't have been nicer about it.
Sorry you had that experience.
My Fullfield IIs have lead a rough life on top of Tikka 300WSM and never complains, just drives tacks every year and is clear and bright.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:10 AM »
I drive a Dodge and look through vortex optics. This is my first night at Optics Anonymous.

It's OK, Timber. We're tolerant of Vortex/Dodge trans-equipment users. Please feel free to make use of either bathroom at your discretion. Just keep in mind: it's not necessary for you to announce to everyone that your equipment is arrayed in such a way. Carry on! I would say "thread jack", but that brings up additional images which may be upsetting to some readers.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 08:17:32 AM »
Strange.
I sent a scope in to be cleaned and they couldn't have been nicer about it.
Sorry you had that experience.
My Fullfield IIs have lead a rough life on top of Tikka 300WSM and never complains, just drives tacks every year and is clear and bright.
I have a ffII on my 7 mag and like the scope well enough. But have come to the realization that if it ever has an issue I won't expect anything much out of Burris after my last dealing and I'll just replace it.

My issue was with binos, but it really made me lose all faith in both Burris and Steiner.

Offline Buzz2401

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:33 PM »
I had a pair of Steiner predator pros that went out of alignment and sent them to Burris and they fixed them up with no questions asked. Took about two weeks door to door.  Never had a problem with any of my Burris scopes though.

Offline pashok23

• Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
I have 2 vortex scopes...1st is sits in .300 win mag Vortex HS LR 6-24x50 and its a great scope.Shot a bear in Montana a week ago from 530 yards with that scope.2nd scope Vortex HS-T on Ruger American .223 4-16x44 shot few coyotes with that scope.No complaints

Offline crabcreekhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »

Hey now Karl, I still use tasco 10×42s!!  Still running strong after 10 years and can't see the difference between them and my vipers, well not a 500 buck difference!
"Courage is simply fear that has said its prayers"

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal