collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Outfitter recommendations?  (Read 4122 times)

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
Outfitter recommendations?
« on: April 17, 2016, 08:10:17 PM »
Looking for a good guide/outfitter for a weekend duck. Goose  hunt.
Also when Is the best time to go?
Thanks in advance
If its brown knock it down

Offline EWUeagles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Outfitter recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »
Does location matter or is anywhere in the state ok?

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 08:04:56 AM »
East or West side of the state?  Anytime after mid November would get you into a fair amount of migrators without things being froze up.
Eagle Lakes will provide for some great hunting.  Other options are Burbank Guide Service, Pacific Wings, Big Guns w/ Bill Saunders.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »
Looking eastside. Anywhere the hunting is good.  Maybe even a place if we limit on ducks  and geese we can try and find some phesants.
My cousin is a electrician  and to pay for all the work he did we aggressive on a guided duck and geese Hunt at my expense.
If its brown knock it down

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
Pacific wings or eagle lakes would probably be top choices. Hard to say when the best time is as weather plays some kind of a factor. Around Thanksgiving is usually good. I wouldn't go before then.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
Eag lakes is good.  Went there about 10 years ago one early season and one late.  The early duck and goose was unreal with very few others hunting and mid to late season the big money is there so I got weaker spots while being moved around.  I would highly recommend looking into early season there and if no ducks they will have geese.  Then on the plus side the fowl is stupid dumb as well and if I could be a regular there my season would end before Thanksgiving.   
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »
Eag lakes is good.  Went there about 10 years ago one early season and one late.  The early duck and goose was unreal with very few others hunting and mid to late season the big money is there so I got weaker spots while being moved around.  I would highly recommend looking into early season there and if no ducks they will have geese.  Then on the plus side the fowl is stupid dumb as well and if I could be a regular there my season would end before Thanksgiving.   

I would agree with most of that too. I have been there once a year for the past 10 or so up until two years ago. The lodge is amazing, food is excellent and the guides are great and very fun to hunt with, all the staff is great. The reason our group has passed the last few years is it seems like it became a rush in rush out deal.  It felt like there was a lot of pressure to shoot your birds and get out as quickly as humanly possible because another group was waiting behind you. The setting is breath taking for a west-sider, but it seemed like you didn't get much of a chance to enjoy that part. With that being said...it is pretty amazing to stand up to shoot and see a virtual wall of greenheads in your face!!!! Again just my opinion, but I would go if I were you, the whole experience is cool...it just has gotten to be too high pressure from what it used to be. If you are interested in awesome pheasant hunting...go to Miller Ranch  :tup:

Offline Commando

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
I've haven't been yet but a trip tonburbank goose club and Paul's pond is on my list for a place tongo in a couple yrs. Also would have to say big guns outfitters run by Bill Saunders would be good to. Both places will get you into birds.

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 07:52:52 PM »
Cant say enough good things about Austin and the Honk Stomper boys in Moses, we go at least 1-2 times a year and always have plenty of birds! I agree with the comments about Eagle lakes also, lots of birds but its a get in and get out shoot. Also have been to Pauls ponds and really didnt care for the late morning start (cant remember the exact time but they dont start their hunts til like 9 am) and they dont allow shooting at groups of more than like 20 birds. Nothing worse than having a huge flock of greenies land inside 20 yards and the guide tells you you have to pass on them as not to educate a big group of birds at once

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
I have gone on one guided goose trip with Burbank. I was 14 I think and it was a good trip.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 10:06:33 PM »
I went once with Echternkamps out of Moses Lake and had a great time. Everyone shot a limit.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal