collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Working on my SLAM!  (Read 6952 times)

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Working on my SLAM!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 10:14:54 PM »
I used to hear some up in Capitol Forest, but have not been up there for ten years.

I shot one back in the mid 90's out toward Lincoln Creek.  I think there were 17 Easterns taken that year total, maybe 1994 or 1995.

There are also some birds down in the Onalaska area, though all on private, got my first eastern with the bow there in the early 2000's, his wife hated them tearing up her garden.
Still birds in and around Lincoln creek. Not as many on the valley floor, they have moved higher in the hills. As for Onalaska. Still a few around the biggest groups were trapped and translocated. But there were enough left to start a new group. Lots of hidden pockets, I hunt mostly Thurston, Lewis, and Cowlitz. Allthough there are many other spots in a lot of counties. Just cheaper to drive nearby, even though it may put more miles on my feet.

Offline Spurdaddy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
  • "My next Hunt is always my Finest!"
Re: Working on my SLAM!
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 07:52:46 AM »
Good call not shooting the hen with the little ones. Yes important to work on letting these numbers grow. I have never shot a hen with a beard and probably won't, just me I guess. I predator hunt year round and do my best to keep the numbers down. All in all it has been a somewhat normal season. I enjoy the chase and I guess that is really what its about. Like the wife says if you want a turkey you can get one at most any supermarket. I am sure the numbers are growing here on the westside. With so much of the human population on this side of the state I don't think the number of turkeys here will ever reach the eastside stats. Good luck to everyone these last few days of the season....Always a pleasure!......Spurdaddy

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal