collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Juicing Recipes  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Bigshooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
Juicing Recipes
« on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
I just bought a new juicer.  This is the first juicer that I have ever own.  Can anyone recommend a good juicing recipe book?
Thanks 
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: Juicing Recipes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:11:50 PM »
 :chuckle:
Maybe not a lot of juicers on HuntWa  :dunno:

Offline NW-GSP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
I use a vitamix blender for my smoothies

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
A blender and a juicer aren't necessarily the same thing. We have a Champion juicer, which is a masticating juicer. Its break down process is more akin to actually chewing the food that's put in it as opposed to a traditional blender. we used it all the time living near Seattle (Peoples republic of). There just isn't the culture of farmers markets down here as there is in WA.  Now, juicing cactus gets old. Plus, the kids have turned several of the parts into toys  :bash:

I went through tons of carrots, beets, collards, ginger, etc. back in the day. I did far more vegetables than fruits. Not going to lie, sometimes it was downright disgusting, and there's a lot of washing and chopping of vegetables involved, but I never felt so healthy in my whole life. You can literally get an entire days serving of vegetables in one glass.  :tup:

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »
What kind of juicer?

Typically I try to keep mine more veggie than fruit.  I'm less worried about the flavor than I am about making sure I am actually keeping healthy. 

Foods I try to incorporate often:  kale, greens, chia, blueberries, small bits of ginger, banana, carrot....

I try to avoid super fruity drinks because they are way high in sugar and don't give me near the amount of vitamin content (as I understand it) that veggie-strong juices offer.

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »
^   :tup:

I  may also be worth studying the pH and chemistry of what you're mixing. If you're doing oranges and lemons along with certain high alkali veggies (greens), you may in effect be neutralizing an acid and a base. This took me a bit of time to get over, since the samples at Costco are always sweet and tasty, and when juicing at home it was usually pretty chalky, green tasting veggie juice.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 02:22:47 PM »
My sister makes a kale, apple, coconut milk cinnamon and mint thing in her Bullet thats not bad if you like kinda mojito flavor (I dont but its drinkable).  I usually go for berries so blue berries raspberries and then swiss chard/beet greens/spinach type dealyo.  She gets a lot of recipes off pinterest.  I don't use recipes I select things based on my instincts, flavor profile, and the nutrition I am trying to boost. 

Personally I prefer to just eat my greens but I eat salads almost daily.

Offline Bigshooter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 01:38:59 AM »
Buying a juicer is one of the worst decisions that I have ever made in my life. :bash:  It is all I can do to not puke when drinking any vegetable juice, no matter how much fruit juice I add to it.  So I have stopped juicing vegetables.  And now I only juice a small glass of fruit juice for breakfast now.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:56:05 AM »
Buying a juicer is one of the worst decisions that I have ever made in my life. :bash:  It is all I can do to not puke when drinking any vegetable juice, no matter how much fruit juice I add to it.  So I have stopped juicing vegetables.  And now I only juice a small glass of fruit juice for breakfast now.
LOL
Wasn't going to rain on your parade, but we had one at one time. A pain in the butt. Couldn't believe the amt of veggies it takes to make a small amt of juice. Does make good compost with the waste though.

Offline T Pearce

• Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 09:04:40 PM »
Wife just picked up a ninja blender to make healthy veggie/fruity smoothies.
I see a major margarita mixing operation while celebrating the new patio.

I know, not a juicer.... sorry

Pavement, crowds and inaccurate rifles...
Thanks anyway.

JUNK SCIENCE, Never touch the stuff...
If you are reading this you can now tell your friends that you know someone that drinks Rainier
Sometimes the main rd.....sometimes the Candy Trail

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 06:55:04 AM »
I saw the title and thought this had something to do with A-Rod.  :dunno:

I think I'm going to start juicing. I'm losing weight for a surgery and want to keep going after that. There's already some good tip here. I'm interested in the observation about the acids and alkalies from BC. So what if they neutralize each other? Does that mean it's less nutritional? What's the negative or benefit of this?
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 07:15:14 AM »
I saw the title and thought this had something to do with A-Rod.  :dunno:

I think I'm going to start juicing. I'm losing weight for a surgery and want to keep going after that. There's already some good tip here. I'm interested in the observation about the acids and alkalies from BC. So what if they neutralize each other? Does that mean it's less nutritional? What's the negative or benefit of this?
The negative I could see is the canceling of absorption of some nutrients due to the neutralizing effect.  Often foods are acid or alkaline and the aminos and other properties require that for absorption.  So take away the acid in ascorbic acid lose the vitamin c yes rose hips are acidic. A lot of people say do not take calcium at the same time you take vitamin c as they cancel each other out and you may as well just drink a glass of water.  Its sort of like that.  Figure out what nutrition you are trying to get out of juicing then find the foods that boost that.

Offline magnanimous_j

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 07:58:05 AM »
From a health standpoint, blenders are better than juicers. A lot of the nutrition in produce is in the parts that the juicer removes. We got a vitamix as a wedding present and I absolutely love it.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 10:30:17 AM »
Vitamix is the Binford of blenders for all you renecks... it chops ice like a mad man for those margaritas and daquiries,  & then makes all the healthy crap for the next days hangover... it will also make a sweet tomato bail soup....
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »
We have a Waring Commercial blender.  I swear that thing could double as a chipper.  It blends ice so smooth it's like ice cream.  Blend up some ice with a splash of Baileys and that is delicious.

We also had a juicer at one time, got it as a Christmas present.  Didn't really care for juiced veggies and it ate fruit by the bushels just to make a quart of juice.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU