collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ocean Shores Area Camping  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Ocean Shores Area Camping
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:14:56 AM »
 :hello: Looking for some suggestions on camping spots with a travel trailer in the ocean shores area or anywhere on the coast with beach access. Utility hookups preferred due to little ones. I have not been over to the coast for any camping and last time I was in ocean shores I was young and stayed in a rental house, so I'm stumped at this point. I have looked up a few rv location spots but not very many have good reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
"A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Ocean Shores Area Camping
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:23:36 AM »
There's a nice campground by Klaloch beach. I would check to see if you need reservations as when I was last there it seemed to fill up. Although this was in the July time frame when things are busy. Lots of things to around there and places to explore.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:21:14 AM »
There's a nice campground by Klaloch beach. I would check to see if you need reservations as when I was last there it seemed to fill up. Although this was in the July time frame when things are busy. Lots of things to around there and places to explore.

Thank you!

Offline ryan2202

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
  • Owner / Operator Pine & Tines LLC
    • Pine & Tines - used firearms.  Rifles, Shotguns, Blackpowder
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:31:46 AM »
:hello: Looking for some suggestions on camping spots with a travel trailer in the ocean shores area or anywhere on the coast with beach access. Utility hookups preferred due to little ones. I have not been over to the coast for any camping and last time I was in ocean shores I was young and stayed in a rental house, so I'm stumped at this point. I have looked up a few rv location spots but not very many have good reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

My wife and I stayed at Ocean City State Park, 5min. north of Ocean Shores.  We enjoyed it quite a bit!  Nice, with full hook ups for trailers.  Pacific Beach State Park is further north than Ocean City too.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 06:32:35 AM »
You have to try Bennett's fish shack in Ocean Shores when you in town, really good stuff!  Just be patient though, it can get pretty busy.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »

My wife and I stayed at Ocean City State Park, 5min. north of Ocean Shores.  We enjoyed it quite a bit!  Nice, with full hook ups for trailers.  Pacific Beach State Park is further north than Ocean City too.
I am going to the same place the weekend before memorial day.  I hear that it is pretty nice.   I will give a more detailed update after the trip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:58:02 AM »

I am going to the same place the weekend before memorial day.  I hear that it is pretty nice.   I will give a more detailed update after the trip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah keep me posted! All good ideas so far. When I google searched i got several results but all had low ratings or seemed sketchy. I trust the opinions of good quality people on here more than google reviews!

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 06:58:34 AM »
You have to try Bennett's fish shack in Ocean Shores when you in town, really good stuff!  Just be patient though, it can get pretty busy.

Sounds good!

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:03 AM »

Thanks man!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 07:38:02 AM »

Thank you!

Kalaloch is nice but its a long ways from no where. Over an hour north of Ocean Shores.

If your not stuck on Ocean shores I would camp at Grayland. Cleanest RV park on the coast. Twin Harbors is not bad either. Your only 15 minutes to Westport for food, dock walking, or exploring the jetty.

Most of the parks up by Ocean shores don't have much privacy as they pack you in pretty tight.

Offline TomT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »
If you decide to go to Shores, you might take a look at Quinault Marina and RV Park.  I've not stayed there, and it looks VERY rustic, but it is right on my favorite beach in Ocean Shores (Damon Point) and it's also a place where barring a storm, the kids can actually get their feet wet without being swept away.

Again, I'm not vouching for the RV park, only the location.

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »
Long Beach or Ocean Park. We're headed for Ocean Park for some razor digging and surf perch this weekend. Ocean Park Resort is a nice spot, close to a store and maybe a mile or so from the ocean.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
Second Kalaloch. It has everything you are looking for.  Reservations recommended.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/kalaloch/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70944

Offline Westside88

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »
Pacific beach is a nice little park on the beach

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:13 PM »
Looks like all good recommendations I appreciate the feedback!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal