collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Regular Season East side archery  (Read 1826 times)

Offline AlbinoRhino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
Regular Season East side archery
« on: May 11, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »
I'm considering putting in for east side elk permits after hunting west side elk my whole life, if I don't draw a permit I'm perfectly happy shooting a spike or cow...but I'm completely unaware of any general locations that have some elk and public land... Any suggestions on units to research would be helpful once again this is for archery... Thanks everyone in advance!

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
Re: Regular Season East side archery
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:01:09 PM »
pm sent
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:35:12 PM »
They are still trying to reduce the colockum herd, lots of people but if you can over that there are elk there.

Not sure what woodchuck put in the pm but if said bigfoot ate all the elk in the blues don't believe him.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 01:37:05 PM »
They are still trying to reduce the colockum herd, lots of people but if you can over that there are elk there.

Not sure what woodchuck put in the pm but if said bigfoot ate all the elk in the blues don't believe him.
I would never...  :chuckle:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:43:32 PM »

I would never...  :chuckle:
A quick search might contradict that statement.  There is more than one epic back and forth between you and plat on this subject.  :chuckle:

Another good option is any of the Yakima units.

There are elk in all of them and lots of public ground.  It is all way more open than western Washington so you will see and hear elk for sure.  Getting close and getting a shot may be tougher and many times your stalk gets buggered up by other hunters

Just seeing them and making a stalk is the best part anyways.  Every time I shoot one I ask myself why since that is when the work really begins.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 01:47:21 PM »
Hey I missed it at first but welcome to the site AlbinoRhino.  :hello:  Lots of good information and people here.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 01:51:55 PM »
PM returned  :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal