collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hive check  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Hive check
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 10:28:23 AM »
Buddy of mine with 25 hives in the Methow uses powdered sugar to treat his mites.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Basket Rack

• Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »
It looks like they are doing well.  I remember with my first hive, I wanted to look in it every couple of days to just see what they were doing.  If you ask 10 beekeeper how to control mites you will get 10 answers.   I use screened bottom boards and try to avoid putting to many chemicals in my hives.  I am on the west side of the state so moisture in the hive is our big enemy in the winter, so good ventilation I have found is key to limiting losses.

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
PM Sent
275 down 2

Offline Come Get Some

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »
My wife sells Queens and nucs here in Western Washington. She operates 250+ hives all by her self. Look up Miller compound honey bees and agriculture. Her name is Lauri. She has a facebook page and website. It is Followed all over the world. Not many have more knowledge than she does. Ask around and you will probably get steered her way

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 10:20:03 AM »
Random question and not trying to hijack, but would that destroy a person with allergies to have a hobby like that? I never thought of it before, but now seeing all that pollen...
actually it's good for you, here is a natural remedy from allergies to heart disease and it increases your metabolism , 1cup 100 degree water, 3 heaping tablespoons of local organic honey 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and lemon if you want, drink on an empty stomach first thing the morning and then again before bedtime..
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:26 PM »
Slid the bottom board out last night to check for mites. Saw only 3 and about 5 dead bees. Other than that, things are looking good. They've been in 2 weeks as of last night.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal