collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531579 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2016, 06:31:27 AM »
I woulda much rather seen "Bullwinkle" ironed out on I-90 by a semi!!
:yeah: agreed, it would have been the end of the story.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2016, 06:32:25 AM »
I simply cannot get my mind around what could have given anyone the notion that this was going to end well. 

Let's hear it:  Walk me through a scenario in which this was going to end well.

Lips shut.  Animal on wall not facebook.  Taken at firstlight. Landowner paid and happy, state paid and happy, hunter with trophy happy.  Old elk musta finally passed away.  End of story.   

Imo not right nor legal but thats the scenario you would think he woulda followed.

Offline turbo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2016, 07:04:53 AM »
I cant believe some of you on here are defending this guy. Shameful and embarrassing for the hunting community. Thanks..

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2016, 08:03:47 AM »
I simply cannot get my mind around what could have given anyone the notion that this was going to end well. 

Let's hear it:  Walk me through a scenario in which this was going to end well.

Lips shut.  Animal on wall not facebook.  Taken at firstlight. Landowner paid and happy, state paid and happy, hunter with trophy happy.  Old elk musta finally passed away.  End of story.   

Imo not right nor legal but thats the scenario you would think he woulda followed.

You left out the part where you move the whole now dead animal to a legal unit to open it and leave the gut pile.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2016, 10:13:22 AM »
No. He was wrong for shooting an animal in a closed unit. Quit trying to change the subject...

This and only this!

If this single part, had not happened none of this discussion would be happening.

Be responsible for your own dang actions, quit twisting and tweak the details to try to make it seem he was not at fault.

I cant believe some of you on here are defending this guy. Shameful and embarrassing for the hunting community. Thanks..

Honestly, this bothers me as much as the poaching incident itself.

What it boils down to is:

Poaching and defending a poacher.

Everything else is just:

"trying to pick up a piece of poo by the clean end"
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
Actually it boils down to whether or not it's "poaching" if given permission by someone in WDFW.  Also whether or not that person had the authority to authorize the "hunt".

I'd still like to know exactly what the question was when they supposedly asked for permission.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
 :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: somebody else gets it. "IF" permission was given/authorized I honestly see him walking whether or not the official was legally authorized to by law.

As I said in every post I'm not defending, supporting or condoning his actions just stated what I believe will occur.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #397 on: May 26, 2016, 10:53:16 AM »
"IF" permission was given/authorized

But what you fail to understand is that there is nobody within the WDFW that has that authorization, spin or no spin, that is fact!

So his, and his fans "defense" is nothing more than slight of hand, an attempt to lead everyone into a false direction.

He killed the bull in a closed unit. According to state law, there is nobody with authority that can change the regs with a phone call........everything else is spin!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #398 on: May 26, 2016, 11:10:16 AM »

But what you fail to understand is that there is nobody within the WDFW that has that authorization, spin or no spin, that is fact!

So his, and his fans "defense" is nothing more than slight of hand, an attempt to lead everyone into a false direction.

He killed the bull in a closed unit. According to state law, there is nobody with authority that can change the regs with a phone call........everything else is spin!

I think only the commission, the governor, and possibly the director have the authority to change what units are open or not open. However, I still think it's a reasonable defense for the defendant that he was given permission to hunt by the regulating agency. From the beginning of this topic I've thought that's how this will all boil down.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »

But as I mentioned earlier...and hypothetically, if there was a phone call, and a WDFW game warden told Mr Reichert he had the approval and to go ahead and shoot the bull, who's fault is it at that point?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »

But as I mentioned earlier...and hypothetically, if there was a phone call, and a WDFW game warden told Mr Reichert he had the approval and to go ahead and shoot the bull, who's fault is it at that point?

I would imagine there will be a reprimand to whomever gave the ultimate OK to go hunt with the muzzy!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: somebody else gets it. "IF" permission was given/authorized I honestly see him walking whether or not the official was legally authorized to by law.

As I said in every post I'm not defending, supporting or condoning his actions just stated what I believe will occur.

Not really I've gotten it all along..
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline Jpmiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »
When I was looking into purchasing a new hunting bow I called WDFW for some clarifications on what were and weren't legal. They were surprisingly helpful and took their clarifications an purchased a bow.

Should I have not trusted the word of the WDFW employee who answered the phone? I know it's not exactly apples to apples and it's the individuals responsibility to know the law but when you don't know the law how else should you get clarification.

Whether or not he was told by a game official that it was ok doesn't seem to be known for a fact yet but if he was told it's ok it is hard for me to condemn him.

Online bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2016, 12:18:31 PM »
When I was looking into purchasing a new hunting bow I called WDFW for some clarifications on what were and weren't legal. They were surprisingly helpful and took their clarifications an purchased a bow.

Should I have not trusted the word of the WDFW employee who answered the phone? I know it's not exactly apples to apples and it's the individuals responsibility to know the law but when you don't know the law how else should you get clarification.

Whether or not he was told by a game official that it was ok doesn't seem to be known for a fact yet but if he was told it's ok it is hard for me to condemn him.

:yeah: That's exactly where I'm at, I've asked questions many times in multiple states and have trusted the responses that I get.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2016, 12:31:49 PM »

WDFW's fault I would say.  That seems pretty simple to me, especially if they admit giving him permission.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 11:53:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan