collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle  (Read 531536 times)

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Re: Hunter facing charges after death of beloved elk named Bullwinkle
« Reply #1740 on: November 23, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »
Somebody has to know somebody who knows somebody that knows somebody that's seen a pic of his harvests from this year, come on people...

Pennsylvania tag has been filled.  That is according to fellow chuck shooters I correspond with from Pennsylvania.  Sheep tag was filled on Eaton's ranch according to six or eight different people I have spoken to.  IDK anything about the other tags

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #1741 on: November 23, 2016, 06:44:40 PM »
This guy probably donated to the Clinton Foundation.....   :bash:

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1742 on: January 29, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »
This guy probably donated to the Clinton Foundation.....   :bash:
he lost money then, I heard they "Shut down" a huge portion of it....weird
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1743 on: August 08, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »
The Commission just recently revised the rules so that Reichert can't kill a bull in GMU 334 this year...

http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2017/08/aug0417_14_summary.pdf

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #1744 on: August 08, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
So, they are admitting the regs were confusing.........
 ;)
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1745 on: August 08, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
Got to hold bullwinkles horns a month or so ago, damn nice bull....
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #1746 on: August 08, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
That didn't clear anything up.  The next loop hole is plain as day with this wording. Technically any unit open for elk hunting is open for bull elk.  Even in an antlerless only unit you could end up shooting a calf bull, so you just legally shot a bull in that unit.  If you could shoot that bull then you could use one of these tags to shoot any other bull.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1747 on: August 08, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
That didn't clear anything up.  The next loop hole is plain as day with this wording. Technically any unit open for elk hunting is open for bull elk.  Even in an antlerless only unit you could end up shooting a calf bull, so you just legally shot a bull in that unit.  If you could shoot that bull then you could use one of these tags to shoot any other bull.

It specifically lists GMU 334 as not being open. Problem solved. It should have always been that way. But I still don't agree with Reichert exploiting that issue, and claiming that it wasn't clear.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #1748 on: August 08, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »

It specifically lists GMU 334 as not being open. Problem solved. It should have always been that way. But I still don't agree with Reichert exploiting that issue, and claiming that it wasn't clear.
It clears up the GMU 334 confusion but leaves open the possibility of hunting elk in a GMU open to antlerless elk only, because antlerless elk can be bulls.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #1749 on: August 08, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »

It clears up the GMU 334 confusion but leaves open the possibility of hunting elk in a GMU open to antlerless elk only, because antlerless elk can be bulls.

What units are only open to antlerless elk?

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #1750 on: August 08, 2017, 11:19:30 AM »

What units are only open to antlerless elk?
I don't know of any presently but there could be in the future at which time they'd need to rewrite the WAC.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #1751 on: August 08, 2017, 11:21:25 AM »

Oh it's perfectly clear to me for 334 but then again it was perfectly clear to me when it obviously wasn't to a hunter that goes after these trophy bulls all the time.  I can just see that there is a way around this new rule maybe not in 334 and maybe not in any units under the current regs.  But if down the line they change another units regs to be similar to 334 they will have to address this issue again.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #1752 on: August 10, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »

That "loophole" was located ex post facto by Steven Hormel.  It was not even on the radar of anyone who was claiming that Morgan Grant had granted permiSession to shoot that bull
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:02:34 PM by JDHasty »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand