collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pierce County Doves  (Read 2052 times)

Offline ballstothewaal

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • PLU soccer player and weekend duck/big game hunter
  • Groups: NRA, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, RMEF
Pierce County Doves
« on: June 11, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
For some reason, I have seen a massive increase in the amount of doves around where I live. I have lived in the Graham area for around 15 years and have never seen this many doves in the area. Is anybody seeing the same thing? I see a flock of about 30-40 flying around our property, and then I have seen them down the road and even more towards town, Anybody else seeing the same thing?

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Pierce County Doves
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »
For some reason, I have seen a massive increase in the amount of doves around where I live. I have lived in the Graham area for around 15 years and have never seen this many doves in the area. Is anybody seeing the same thing? I see a flock of about 30-40 flying around our property, and then I have seen them down the road and even more towards town, Anybody else seeing the same thing?

I see them outside my house they make this owl hoot it's annoying and loud lol

Offline Smokeploe

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: FTE, shooterforum
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »
If you can see them clearly, if the have a black slash on the neck/shoulder they are Eurasian doves they are leaflets to shoot all year long.  They are consider an envasive species. They are twice the size of mourning doves and they taste the same, just more meat! :drool:
Smokeploe

When guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns!
The same with ammo!
The same with personal liberties

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »
They have been around for awhile, I have had a bunch on myroperty for sometime, now that my lab thinks she needs to protect our property from everything I don't have much of anything around..lol.. We see them all over in clay city, I think they are the smaller ones that you can't shoot year around though.. Definetly not an expert on them, I wish the qual were around like they were. And the pheasant, damn, when I was a kid we hunted them with our pellet guns, you never see or hear them over here anymore..
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline ballstothewaal

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • PLU soccer player and weekend duck/big game hunter
  • Groups: NRA, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »
I still see some quail off of 288th by Webster road around those farms but rarely, I guess I just never noticed the doves! Unfortunately my house falls in the no shooting zone (which is absolutely ridiculous). Ill look into more and figure out what type of doves they are.

Offline curtmdavis

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:54:57 AM »
 Ingfer farm down in Orting and next to the high school, used to hold a substantial population of them. Now that its waiting to be developed though, not so much.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal