collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Goose prairie quality tag scouting ---CAM & SCOUT UPDATE 7-18 pics added  (Read 38352 times)

Offline robertsjd

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
headed over east to hang cams and just get ready for the up coming elk season. picked up some sheds and hung some cameras had a blast with the old lady put in about 20 miles forgot to take the gps on day 3 but we were at 14 miles after sunday and we went out again on Monday to check one of the cameras we put up sunday and already had a bull on it . just really anticipating the draw results . going in with 14 for quality archery for goose and I couldn't be more excited ! so im already preparing incase im one of the lucky ones I definitely do not want to be one of the unprepared guys asking for help in august  :bdid:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:13:01 AM by robertsjd »
be careful going in search of adventure its ridiculously easy to find.

Offline MLBowhunting

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
Re: goose prairie scouting
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:00:07 AM »
Very nice
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline liljozie495

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited RMEF NRA
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:45:05 AM »
Nice, was up there over the weekend scouting too, saw a guy picked up a nice fresh big 5 pt shed. We went to high I think for horns where we were. Either way still had a great time.
Boom boom boom...

Offline robertsjd

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
Nice, was up there over the weekend scouting too, saw a guy picked up a nice fresh big 5 pt shed. We went to high I think for horns where we were. Either way still had a great time.

yea all I found up high was the smaller guys . the bigger boys drop earlier feb/march  when the snow level is still lower so they cant get up high. I spent my weekend around 4000-5000ft and just found the smaller bulls

Offline D-Rock425

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:21 PM »
I did some hiking over in the peaches area Saturday with a friend.  Didn't see any elk but we did see a bear in the afternoon.

Offline robertsjd

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »
I did some hiking over in the peaches area Saturday with a friend.  Didn't see any elk but we did see a bear in the afternoon.

Nice d rock we didn't see any bear sign but saw about 30 elk over the weekend and a few sheds and had a blast !

Offline zackmioli

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 04:57:09 AM »
I might be heading up there for a quick day scouting trip this weekend if I can get away. also in the drawing with 14 points. good luck to you man, ill share any notes with ya if I don't draw!

Offline treeclimber2852

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 07:29:21 AM »
The wife and I were out there also...probably a different area though.  We were hitting snow at 4500 feet...but there was fresh sign everywhere and we saw a ton of elk down low.  Since I just moved to the state last year, my odds of ever drawing quality (at least while my knees are still functioning) are slim to none.  It's still fun to get out and get lost in the woods though.  I'm hoping my two boys have better odds with the youth permits.   

Offline stackemup

• Tracker
  • Groups: WSB WWA
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »
I guess 14 points is the norm now for the Goose Prairie archery  quality bull. As I am in the hat with 14 also.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 09:17:06 AM »
Been seeing a lot of large coyote sign this year while maintaining survey cameras.

Offline hunterofelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 03:48:32 PM »
Hope you do get the permit.  I would hope you would keep posting on your scouting.  Make the forum interesting.  By the way, I think your sheds are from last year...at least the chewed ones.  No snow last year they shed up in the summer range.

Offline thegeneral

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 04:08:05 PM »
Set up the tents over there last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline robertsjd

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »
Damn really ? 14 is the norm for goose :/// well that changes things lol I was really optimistic lol . But yea I fully intend on reporting out to you guys a few ones a month if I draw just make it one *censored* thread . I do think one of them was last years for sure . But one of the chewed up ones I know is from this year because I would of walked right over it last year haha but maybe I did miss it but I'm guessing it really is this year . I can't wait for the damn draw results !

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 09:12:43 PM »
Point creep is real.  Goose Prairie included.  I have had one archery tag in 14 years of hunting it.  You need multiple back up plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 09:16:57 PM »
Damn and I thought I was getting over eager putting a cam up there in April and again over memorial weekend while doing a couple scouting hikes myself, but you guys smoked me  :chuckle:

Put in with 11 points for the archery quality bull draw. Looking at the published data for last years draw results, odds are reasonably good for anyone putting in with 10 points or more.

Went with rimrock as my 2nd since I have some familiarity with the unit from many camping trips and accompanying the family during their general rifle hunts.

What did you guys put in as your 2nd choices?
RMEF

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal