collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Experienced hunter looking for a serious Elk hunting parter- SW WA  (Read 5480 times)

Offline StringShot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Hey everyone,

I'm a 30 year old retired/ disabled army pilot. I just moved back to the area a couple years ago and it's been hard to find a serious hunting partner, someone who wants to backpack hunt and who can put miles on their feet. I hunt every method and every animal I can but have an archery Elk tag for the west side this season. I also have a back country combo hunt in Idaho planned late October, I really want to get a wolf over there.
But hey if anyone is interested let me know! Not looking for someone to show me around or their spots just someone who loves the adventure and peace hunting can bring.

Offline ELKBURGER

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Experienced hunter looking for a serious Elk hunting parter- SW WA
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:22:23 PM »
Welcome to the site and Thanks for your service! O to be young again! 20 years ago I would have jumped at the chance. I know there are some great young bucks on here who would likely respond.
Good luck and welcome!

Offline Eli346

• Eli
  • Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:38:11 PM »
Welcome and good luck. There's a lot of good people on this site and a wealth of info if you do some searches. You won't have any trouble finding a partner.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »
Welcome to the site, String. I'm old and gimped up. I'd probably have jumped at it 10 years ago but no longer. There's a neat beer place in Orchards (Vancouver), call Northwest Liquid Gold - ex-military guy and his wife own it. If you want to do some curls sometime, let me know. Thanks for your service. Being an ex-medic, I have a lot of respect for the helicopter crews.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline StringShot

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:26:42 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement! My wife has been making fun of me trying to find a hunting buddy on here, says its like the match.com for hunting. She's lucky she lets me hunt how ever much I want... Well guess I'm lucky.  :chuckle:

Offline Wesleythesniper

• Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 04:04:35 PM »
Great post, I'm in the same boat as you! Message sent.

Offline AZcoueshunter78

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
    • Wards outfitters
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
Ive been here for 2 years. Serious hunter here but learning a new state is hard for me and new species. Im 38 and hunted and guided all in Az but these rosies are kicking my butt. Would also live to get on some good blacktail. Would like to throw my name in the hat as well.

Offline alexjm

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/alex.mccay
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 10:15:18 PM »
I'll be PMing you shortly.  I'm new to the area and looking for someone that has the mindset you've got.  I'm going to start planning some scouting trips in the next few weeks if anyone cares to discuss or is interested in joining.  Fun coming to a new state and learning to do it all over again. I'm probably screwed on decent tags for the fall as my move to Washington was post-application time but would still love to join and assist even if I'm not pulling the trigger.

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:09 PM »
 "I'm probably screwed on decent tags for the fall as my move to Washington was post-application time" Unfortunately in this state its a 10-20 year wait for decent tags.  Still some alright otc stuff though.
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 04:52:46 AM »
I'll be PMing you shortly.  I'm new to the area and looking for someone that has the mindset you've got.  I'm going to start planning some scouting trips in the next few weeks if anyone cares to discuss or is interested in joining.  Fun coming to a new state and learning to do it all over again. I'm probably screwed on decent tags for the fall as my move to Washington was post-application time but would still love to join and assist even if I'm not pulling the trigger.
Most tags are over the counter. The application deadline was just for limited entry permits. So you're not screwed.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline alexjm

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/alex.mccay
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
Good to know on that end.  I'm just now finding some time to get through the booklets, regs, draws, etc.  Guess I'll have to start working on draw points here then as well as the few others I've already got going. Thanks guys.

Offline KenPCPilot

• Longhunter
    • KenPCPilot
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »
PM sent
GO BUCKS

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal