collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Late Alta muzzy any buck photo's?  (Read 5748 times)

Offline GurrCentral

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: GurrCentral
Late Alta muzzy any buck photo's?
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
Anyone care to share any late Alta muzzy any buck photo's? Good friend drew this tag and looking to get his blood pumping a bit! its his first draw tag! Thanks in advance!!  And yes I know about the search function.............but it would be nice to get the pics on one thread..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:15:36 PM by GurrCentral »

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Late Alta muzzy any buck photo's?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 11:01:29 PM »
 Most of the time it looks a lot like this, this may get the blood pumping but not necessarily for the right reasons. Good luck on your hunt. :tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline 300wsm

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 07:52:37 AM »
I've also got this tag.  I can't do anything about the fog or snow but I am getting the proper permissions for some low land private property and also know the other areas as well.  I'm excited for this hunt and will be there all 6 days if needed.  Now I am just waiting for Nov 25th, my Knight BH is ready to go! 
My Sweat, My Blood, Your Tears!

Offline hoof rot

• Hunter
  • everything tastes better on the wetside
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:22:28 PM »
Last year i saw several wolf tracks in the snow on the alta manson border rd, just a heads up.

Offline jjhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »
I actually saw a wolf on my Alta muzzy hunt in 2010.   Big, grey sucker just staring at me at about 100 yards.  Creepy.

Offline jjhunter

• Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 08:12:37 PM »
Here's one from on top of the mountain on my muzzy hunt

Offline GurrCentral

• Scout
  • Groups: GurrCentral
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
Any pics of bucks that have been killed? I live really close to the unit, and I know what fog looks like....looking for some photo's of deer.

Offline liljozie495

• Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited RMEF NRA
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »
Not trying to thread jack or anything but sense so e of you live that way, will my 2nd deer tag in Alta be fairly easy to fill on public land or should I go look for some private property permission for a white tail doe
Boom boom boom...

Offline 300wsm

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
Not trying to thread jack or anything but sense so e of you live that way, will my 2nd deer tag in Alta be fairly easy to fill on public land or should I go look for some private property permission for a white tail doe
If you can get private access it will make you hunt 10X faster and easier, not saying you won't find doe on public but why not make it easier on yourself.  If killing a doe isn't worth the effort of going over and gaining access to private and you just want to enjoy time out then you will probably have to work a little harder for your doe.  If I locate some that frequent public land in my scouting, I'll be sure to let you know.  If you see a bruiser muley while looking for a your WT doe, you know who to call, I'll pm you my contact.  Best of luck and hopefully with the previous year's fires, there won't be too much for fires this year. 

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »
Here is one from last fall.  It is a pretty tough hunt, I worked hard for four days and only saw one bigger than this deer.

Offline BoomWhop

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:34 PM »
Here is mine.... had the tag twice. Missed the big one... damn fog
If your gonna be Dumb you better be Tough

Offline BoomWhop

• Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »
Not a gimmie hunt. Bucks were few and far between. 1st year I ended up with a small 3 point after a week. For the amount of tags there were a ton of people on the roads... But never saw anyone in the woods. Cool hunt but not sure about "quality" unless the weather helps a bit.  The success rate is kinda low on the big boys. But they are in there. :tup:
If your gonna be Dumb you better be Tough

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 10:59:20 PM »
Here is mine.... had the tag twice. Missed the big one... damn fog

Nothing wrong with that buck. :tup:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline liljozie495

• Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited RMEF NRA
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 09:17:43 PM »
If you can get private access it will make you hunt 10X faster and easier, not saying you won't find doe on public but why not make it easier on yourself.  If killing a doe isn't worth the effort of going over and gaining access to private and you just want to enjoy time out then you will probably have to work a little harder for your doe.  If I locate some that frequent public land in my scouting, I'll be sure to let you know.  If you see a bruiser muley while looking for a your WT doe, you know who to call, I'll pm you my contact.  Best of luck and hopefully with the previous year's fires, there won't be too much for fires this year.

That sounds good man. When's your tag for?
Boom boom boom...

Offline 300wsm

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »

That sounds good man. When's your tag for?

I have the muzzle loader tag.  Nov 25th-30th  I'm headed over next weekend to secure some private land

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal