collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elk 101 University of Elk  (Read 22516 times)

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
Re: Elk 101 University of Elk
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 08:44:33 PM »
The course has a lot of information for all hunting situations. There are modules as an archery hunter you don't want to skip that you may never want to read as a rifle hunter But those parts are small. I see a huge benifit if you hunt elk period, from getting tags to processing your game every detail is covered.

Plus Corey's live Q&A tonight was awesome.

Offline davk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, GOA
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 09:41:27 PM »
Plus Corey's live Q&A tonight was awesome.

Son of a ....... I knew I was going to forget about that!

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 11:10:27 PM »
How beneficial is the course for west side elk hunting?
Some of the modules have a linear value regardless of where, when, and how you hunt. While some of them have a varying value based on the same factors. So to answer your question  :dunno: all depends on you. I think its worth it though in general the overall value is there, especially considering the discounted costs posted.

That being said, like 95% of the literature and video's on elk hunting, if your a westside roosevelt elk hunter your always looking for that 5% that's actually geared specifically to the elk you hunt.

It's the same in concept, elk is an elk sure, but there are differences that to me would warrant adding a roosevelt specific subsection to some of the modules. I'd think the profitability is there for the time needed to create it considering the number hunters on the coast.
RMEF

Offline buglelk

• Tracker
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 02:51:07 PM »
Hey guys!

For those of you on the fence wondering if the info applies to westside hunting, I would say yes. About 75% of the course covers general elk hunting topics that aren’t weapon/season/area specific (planning, scouting, fitness, gear, general elk knowledge, common challenges, tracking, field dressing, packing, etc.). The remaining 25% probably leans more to “rut” hunting (more archery) with topics like setting up, calling, etc., and most of those topics apply regardless of area. And within those categories, there are also multiple late-season topics as well (non-calling tactics, locating elk, glassing, etc.).

The course certainly isn't tailored to hunting the thicker westside elk, but most of the information will definitely apply and be valuable.

http://www.elk101.com/product/university-of-elk-hunting-online-course/

Thanks!
Corey

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 03:55:49 PM »
Hey guys!

For those of you on the fence wondering if the info applies to westside hunting, I would say yes. About 75% of the course covers general elk hunting topics that aren’t weapon/season/area specific (planning, scouting, fitness, gear, general elk knowledge, common challenges, tracking, field dressing, packing, etc.). The remaining 25% probably leans more to “rut” hunting (more archery) with topics like setting up, calling, etc., and most of those topics apply regardless of area. And within those categories, there are also multiple late-season topics as well (non-calling tactics, locating elk, glassing, etc.).

The course certainly isn't tailored to hunting the thicker westside elk, but most of the information will definitely apply and be valuable.

http://www.elk101.com/product/university-of-elk-hunting-online-course/

Thanks!
Corey
Having gone through about 75% of the course so far, I agree! Well worth the money. Think about it,  if one were to kill an elk because of something they learned in the course, worth it in my book. Besides, it's equivalent to a tank of gas and I've learned far more already than I would with several scouting trips that would take at least a tank per trip.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Once again, thank everyone so far that used me as a reference signing up for the course. Hope that this gives you that edge to get a few more opportunities this season or get you in and out of the woods safer.

Offline Don_D

• Past Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2016, 09:05:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the course. Just started it and hoping to learn a bunch :)

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 03:17:50 PM »
Last day to get in on this before the gear give away, good luck everyone.

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 08:17:20 AM »
New code today:
GEAR40 gets you $40 off the course fee.
Plus there is a drawing every day for a week for people that sign up this week. Just a bonus on top of a great course.

Also today if your signed up or previously signed up there is a live Q&A with Corey Jacobsen via Facebook. I listened to the last one and it was pretty informative.

Offline AntiMatter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »
How much of the course is written text versus video? I learn much better watching video and seeing pictures over just reading.

Thanks

Offline bracer40

• Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »
Nearly all of the text presented for your reading pleasure is the same as you'll find in the videos.

Go to his splash page and check it out. If this is helpful and you choose to sign up, feel free to enter my name as a referral (good for $10 store credit and extra drawing opps).
Jim Ross-Lyons
J.ross-lyons@comcast.net

From his course description:

The University of Elk Hunting Online Course is comprised of over 120,000 words, 60+ video components, and hundreds of diagrams and images. This course is going to give you ALL THE RESOURCES you need to be confident in all areas of elk hunting, regardless of your previous experience or success. Whether you are a first-time elk hunter with no idea where to start, or a successful elk hunting vete
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »
Nearly all of the text presented for your reading pleasure is the same as you'll find in the videos.

Go to his splash page and check it out. If this is helpful and you choose to sign up, feel free to enter my name as a referral (good for $10 store credit and extra drawing opps).
Jim Ross-Lyons
J.ross-lyons@comcast.net

From his course description:

The University of Elk Hunting Online Course is comprised of over 120,000 words, 60+ video components, and hundreds of diagrams and images. This course is going to give you ALL THE RESOURCES you need to be confident in all areas of elk hunting, regardless of your previous experience or success. Whether you are a first-time elk hunter with no idea where to start, or a successful elk hunting vete

I see someone liked my idea to how to get some extra referrals and wanted in on it.

Offline bracer40

• Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2016, 01:57:42 PM »
 :chuckle:
― Groucho Marx

Offline buglelk

• Tracker
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 09:01:05 PM »
Hey guys!

I'll be doing another Facebook LIVE Q&A Event tomorrow evening (6:00 p.m. MST - that's 5:00 p.m. for you west coast guys). The focus will be on Elk Calls and Elk Calling, and you'll be able to type questions into the comments area, and I'll do my best to answer as many as I can.

Just go to the Elk101.com Facebook page at 6:00 p.m. (MST), and you'll see the live video feed, and you can tune in. And if you miss it, it'll be available to watch afterwards as well. Here is the link to the Elk101.com Facebook page (be sure to "like" the page to see the video): https://www.facebook.com/Elk101/

Offline Wetwoodshunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 11:50:18 AM »
 Guys, I saw a new promo code today if anyone was interested: CHRISTMAS2016
The code gets you a 2 for 1 price. Perfect for you and your hunting partner if your into the elk stuff. I have the course, its worth it.

Add me as a reference if you join please, info is at the top.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]