collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Youth GMU 204 anterless hunt  (Read 3978 times)

Offline huntndoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Youth GMU 204 anterless hunt
« on: June 19, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »
Have been out of hunting for close to 20 years for school and etc. though my 2 oldest kids completed their hunter safety this winter and just drew antlerless tags for the East Okanogan unit.  They've worked hard with their rifles to earn a clean kill and are ready.

My 70 year old father will be accompanying me (designated pack mule) and my 13 year old daughter and 11 year old son on their first hunt.  We are interested in 1.) staying safe, 2.) having fun, 3.) learning to respect the animal through some appropriately sized hard work, and 4.) seeing some animals and maybe getting some meat for the freezer.

Looking at the maps I had originally wanted to head over towards Republic but am second guessing myself as the unit is huge.  I am looking for ideas for a good region to start in for a youth hunt?  We will be able to scout later this summer though I would like to narrow things down a bit.

Any advice you can pass along about the unit will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Re: Youth GMU 204 anterless hunt
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:12:19 AM »
doc....I've hunted that area some, not a lot. If it was me....I'd do what you are planning on and look for some ag fields and start knocking on a few doors. I have to think there are many large plots that a landowner would be happy to have a few youth pop a few does. Keep us posted and by all means share a few pics of the successful first time hunters!

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: Youth GMU 204 anterless hunt
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 08:31:30 AM »
 :yeah: most of them are haying the biggest crop they have ever seen, maybe go offer to help them. the ones I know are overwhelmed right now trying to get it takin care of. i'm going to be driving a hay truck for a couple days to help out with afriend up Tunk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal