collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ford 6.7 Powerstroke  (Read 12697 times)

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Ford 6.7 Powerstroke
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 03:36:09 PM »
We have had one truck that has had 2 egr cooler done under warranty. The truck is just about to roll over 100k. We have another one at a different location with an engine light on now, more then likely an egr cooler. That truck has 102k and it's the first egr failure for that truck. It will be the first one I will have to do. They dont look hard to change.

With the 6.7's, the most common reason for a check engine light, if you ask me, is the exhaust gas temperature sensors.

What do these cost?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 04:05:10 PM »
We have had one truck that has had 2 egr cooler done under warranty. The truck is just about to roll over 100k. We have another one at a different location with an engine light on now, more then likely an egr cooler. That truck has 102k and it's the first egr failure for that truck. It will be the first one I will have to do. They dont look hard to change.

With the 6.7's, the most common reason for a check engine light, if you ask me, is the exhaust gas temperature sensors.

What do these cost?

Not a lot. There is actually a warranty extension on them too.

15M02        EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE SENSOR EXTENDED COVERAGE

We are pleased to let you know that for your peace of mind, Ford Motor Company is extending the coverage on the EGT sensors in your vehicle. This increases your coverage to a total of 11 years or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date, whichever occurs first.

If any of the four EGT sensors on your vehicle requires replacement, and your vehicle is within the indicated time/mileage limitations, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace any malfunctioning EGT sensor free of charge (parts and labor).
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline BrandonWatts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »

That may be the problem. I haven't been working on them that long. Still haven't got the computer hooked up to it yet.

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 02:43:25 AM »
For what its worth, my father has a 2012 6.7 powerstroke and loves it, tons of power, tows his 23ft sled no problems and now his 28ft grady white. I used to have a '99 7.3 powerstroke and a 06 5.9 cummins. Both great motors, however my dodge had to go back on warranty to have the front end replaced, ball joints upper and lower and tie rods and all that, then about 9 months later for injectors fortunately I had an extended warranty, front end was $1200 and injectors $5000. My 7.3 no issues.

My buddy just traded his 2008 6.7 cummins had 68k deleted running smarty on tow mode only towing his 37ft fifth, he started having exhaust brake issues, blew a water pump on way back from Vegas fall of '15 and had to have it replaced in Shasta, supposedly factory pump and new thermostat, truck never ran the same afterwards recently said to hell with it and traded it in on a new '16 Gmc Duramax denali. Sweet truck!

I personally went back to gas I run a '13 2500 hd sierra 6.0 pulls my 24ft travel trailer with no problems, average 10mpg loaded and unloaded, couldn't justify another diesel with a 3 mile drive to work and only taking longer trips when we go camping. End result I think you cant go wrong with either the powerstroke or the duramax.
"A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 05:06:18 AM »
I just picked up a 16 duramax and really like it.  Hopefully it lasts a long time with very little problems.  The power and smoothness is amazing.

I just never could get past the looks of the fords? 

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 05:21:33 AM »
Same could be said for the Chevy's
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 06:19:54 AM »
True, all personal preference.    I drove enough fords at work so I never wanted to drive one when I was off the clock... It's been a few years now, but has Ford figured out a way to add a suspension to their truck lineup?  I swear you could rattle a filling loose on a newly paved road.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:49:46 AM by Miles »

Offline hunthard

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 08:22:10 PM »
No kidding, I could drive over a nickel and tell you what year it was in my 2001 F350.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:34 PM »
Real truck suspension will do that.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 07:48:59 AM »
Real truck suspension will do that.
:chuckle:

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2016, 10:31:38 AM »
 :chuckle: Its funny but true. Good thing we have the aftermarket suspension companies to help those of us who use who want a better ride and want to keep the plastic interior and our tooth fillings from falling out on us.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
Lack of a quality suspension will do that.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Offline ryan2202

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
  • Owner / Operator Pine & Tines LLC
    • Pine & Tines - used firearms.  Rifles, Shotguns, Blackpowder
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »
I just got a 2015 6.7, I am cautiously happy with it....I'm cautious due to recent issue with the fuel pump while towing...it just died on my on our way home from camping over fathers day weekend.  "Low Fuel Pressure" and "Reduced Engine Power"....got it towed to moses lake Ford, where they got it back running...towed my trailer back home without issues (I live on the west side).  It tows sweet, stable, strong, can't feel my trailer.  I'm ahppy with that...I'm cautious about the fuel pump.  Only 17000, bought it with 16500, and found out the high pressure fuel pump was changes at 15000.  The Ford mechanic said he didn't think all the air was cleared out of the line during that repair.  Good thing, I got warranty still, with extended in case it happens again.  This is the most common problem I have found on all diesel fords through research...my buddy has a 2003 and recently did his, and via Ford Forums, a lot of chatter about the fuel pump issue....

It is my first diesel, and I wouldn't have chosen another one with the high ratings it receives...

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 12:37:33 PM »
No kidding, I could drive over a nickel and tell you what year it was in my 2001 F350.

I would expect that from a 1 Ton rig. :twocents:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline ryan2202

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
  • Owner / Operator Pine & Tines LLC
    • Pine & Tines - used firearms.  Rifles, Shotguns, Blackpowder
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »
Just to give an update - same Low Fuel Pressure, and Reduced Engine Power happened to me on July 5th.  Had it towed to Riverside Ford in Sumner - where the truck still sits.  They cannot figure out the problem, ruled out any poor maintenance, bad fuel, water in the fuel line, etc.  Riverside contact the regional Ford Rep and escalated the issue - I also contact Ford Corporate - I was told they'll be in contact within 24hrs, starting yesterday.

Riverside noted, that because it has had two fuel pumps replaced to try to fixx the issue, and nothing is noted to be due to poor maintenance, debris in tank or anything else could've caused it - they need help to figure this out, so a Ford Deisel mechanic (from corporate?) is also in contact with them to work the problem - they just don't know what is causing the low fuel pressure - which then causes the truck to reduce power, and die.....

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal