collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wdfw pitching license fee increase  (Read 23012 times)

Offline sumpnz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Wdfw pitching license fee increase
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »
Streamline regs ... 

:yeah:

You dang near need a lawyer on retainer to fish in this state.  As bad as hunting regulations are fishing is much worse.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
Is everyone familiar with the fable of the golden goose.  Squeeze, squeeze, Squeeze, and pretty soon, it stops laying.  Sportsmen of all stripes are the goose in this state.  That's the problems with not just the licenses fee increase, but the total cost increase.  With nearly half of all timberlands charging a few hundred bucks to access land that has been traditionally free, and the state adding the discover pass, the costs have skyrocketed for in-state hunting and fishing.  Charging the fewer and fewer hunters more only works so long.  Then hunting hits a death spiral, higher fees leads to fewer hunters, which forces costs on fewer people, and leads to even higher fees.  On top of that, add in the anti-hunters gleefully supporting this negative feedback loop, the future looks grim.

The answer must include strong programs to increase participation, open lands up,  and improve hunter satisfaction, not just more wishy-washy WDFW run programs.

Some examples to sweeten the pot:
Buy a hunting license, get a free full-use Discover Pass for starters.   Review the "current use" timberland tax incentives that are supposed to keep lands open to the public.  Youth to age 18.  Special draw permits can be transferred to youth, disable or seniors.   No bear 'damage' permits to timber companies that charge for entry to hunt bear.  Comb the state for closed or inaccessible public lands and use all tools to get public access for hunting/fishing.  Streamline regs and cut red tape to improve efficiency.

May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2016, 09:11:52 AM »
WDFW is being taken in the direction they and their "aboves " ( who ever that is, and yes they exist ) want it to be taken.  That direction leads to the end.  Make no mistake they want hunting along with its guns to go away.  They will forever work for that end.

Do not miss an opportunity to hunt , hunt every day like its the last, and take your shot like its the last you ever get.  I believe the initiative process will eventually be the end all in this state.......maybe not all at once, but piece by piece.

Online dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 09:21:31 AM »
Why don't they introduce discounts for 3 year licenses like they do in Idaho?  Perhaps offer lifetime licenses for residents?  Just thinking aloud...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
Streamline regs ... 

You dang near need a lawyer on retainer to fish in this state.  As bad as hunting regulations are fishing is much worse.

Same with the tax code!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »
We need an organization to fight back at the ballot. This state is addicted to taxes and King County/Olympia tolerates this culture where they can only think "more taxes" and nothing else.

Offline sumpnz

• Scout
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:34 AM »
We need an organization to fight back at the ballot. This state is addicted to taxes and King County/Olympia tolerates this culture where they can only think "more taxes" and nothing else.

Tim Eyman?

Offline 4fletch

• Older than old
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
I didn't buy a fishing license this year , next year is undecided

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »
I lived on the east coast growing up. Here is some information on the 2 states I lived in.  My brother in law pays $22 a year for his New York state hunting license. His boys are $5 each. That's for whitetail and bear. Non resident is $100. Turkey is another 10 and they have to buy their federal duck stamp annually. You pay a little extra for bowhunting or muzzy privileges. In Maryland it's $25 for residents and $130 for non residents. Both states have nice size whitetails. New York has good bear and turkey hunting. With my accrued Alaska Air miles it might be cheaper to fly over there to hunt every fall. New York has a long season for deer. I know there are more species to manage but what am I missing?

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »
Here's some more east coast stats.  I'm paying $100 for a 2016 big game hunting license in Maine as a nonresident.  When I left in 2001 it was $83.   I guess they don't suffer from inflation like wasteful Washington does.

Offline SpringerFan

• Scout
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 05:52:24 AM »
No salmon season and an increase from free to $17 for a catch record.  Sounds reasonable  :bash:

Crazy huh? They are dilusional. Out of touch and plain ole just ignorant of what we want and what their job is......fire them all and get some folks who aren't sitting on their brain.  :tung:
We don't blame cars for drunk drivers......Why blame guns for violent people...

NRA, Pheasants Forever, WWESSC.....tried to join Washington for Wildlife.org but my IP is banned??? 

Offline krout81

• Longhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 06:47:24 AM »
Stop fishing and hunting or go to another state  :dunno:
Flinging Arrows with Thunderhead 125's since 1992 
Why Change now?

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2016, 08:04:04 AM »
In 2001 an adult resident Washington Deer-Elk-Bear-Cougar license cost $72.27. This year the cost is $95.50. The average per year increase over the 15 year period was 1.88%.

During the same period of time, the CPI increased by an average of 2.07%. If license costs has increased at the same rate as the CPI, the license would cost $98.29 this year.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »
In 2001 an adult resident Washington Deer-Elk-Bear-Cougar license cost $72.27. This year the cost is $95.50. The average per year increase over the 15 year period was 1.88%.

During the same period of time, the CPI increased by an average of 2.07%. If license costs has increased at the same rate as the CPI, the license would cost $98.29 this year.
Oh be quiet Bob people don't like facts on Hunt-Wa. License fees should be the same price as they were in the 60s!

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
In 2001 there was no discover pass and we could access countless more acres for hunting. And they didn't have the money grabbing special permit category system. I much preferred hunting this state back then and feel the value for the price of the license was way better back then.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10