collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DIY Hunting videos, poor shots  (Read 4090 times)

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
DIY Hunting videos, poor shots
« on: July 19, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »
Why do people post these videos showing deer and elk being shot poorly? I've seen several now, just found 2 in a row where guys shot and wounded elk, and its like, pfft, they'll be fine no biggy. Watched one not that long ago apparently from the Winthrop area where the guys were shooting yard deer and ended up gut and butt shooting some buck 3 times before it layed out in the middle of the river and the guy was finally able to get a decent shot into it. Drives me crazy. Don't put that crap on the internet please.

Sorry, rant over.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
Re: DIY Hunting videos, poor shots
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:04:45 AM »
I couldn't agree more. I know that everyone muffs a shot at some point in time, but as far as being proud enough of it to put it on the internet? No way man. Those are the kind of things you don't want anyone to know about, the part of the story that you omit when telling it to friends and family... at least thats my opinion.  :twocents:

Offline erk444

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
I saw the one where it died in the river. The dude was able to walk up to less than 10 yards on the first shot and the deer didn't even look up from feeding! And he still hit it back near the hip!

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »
I am presuming that this was their first hunt or kill :dunno:  Probably didn't know any better and the crowd they run with was the same.  We have had all bad shots or will, I think some of us just don't have the same filters to keep that from the net :bash:
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
I don't mind when a show shows a bad shot as long as it's done in good taste and reflects the situation properly

I hate when it gets played off as a good shot or broadhead performance

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »
I don't mind when a show shows a bad shot as long as it's done in good taste and reflects the situation properly

I hate when it gets played off as a good shot or broadhead performance
Like a Texas heart shot :chuckle:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:53:29 AM by seth30 »
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 11:43:49 AM »
Why do people post these videos showing deer and elk being shot poorly? I've seen several now, just found 2 in a row where guys shot and wounded elk, and its like, pfft, they'll be fine no biggy. Watched one not that long ago apparently from the Winthrop area where the guys were shooting yard deer and ended up gut and butt shooting some buck 3 times before it layed out in the middle of the river and the guy was finally able to get a decent shot into it. Drives me crazy. Don't put that crap on the internet please.

Sorry, rant over.

It freakin frosts me bad.  There are too many situation and poor examples of pure idiots makes me think that hunter safety should require an major ethics portion.  Not only that these brain impared Fugkes then post it like some major accomplishment.

off my sopa box

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 11:26:07 AM »
I watch a lot of youtube hunting videos and it's not that they got a bad shot, it's that that they took a poor shot to begin with. I'd say 35-40% of the hunts I see, I'm like, I would have never taken that shot.. Example, people shooting animals with a bow when the vitals are blocked by brush.. And then the dude says, it's the only shot I had so I just punched it through the brush.. No you didn't! It hit the Brush and now you poorly struck an animal that you likely won't find.. Yep! Let's throw this on the innerweb now! Geez...

Offline Don Fischer

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »

Sorry, rant over.

Don't be sorry. I don't take photo's of dead animals at all anymore, but do look at those well don't. a video like your saying would make me insane.
There's a reason I like dog's more than people

Offline WAnoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
Good thread as I agree with you on people who are not responsible with shots. I do like that hunting shows like MeatEater and Randy Newberg that do show when a bad shot happens sometimes that's just part of hunting as much as it can haunt us.
AK 907

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal