collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: GMU 139 Feel Free to Hunt area's  (Read 2654 times)

Offline dmoua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
GMU 139 Feel Free to Hunt area's
« on: July 25, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »
My gf and I both got selected for anterless deer in GMU 139. This is my first time trying to gain access to Feel Free to Hunt Properties, either by contacting the land owner personally or reserving through WDFW website.

My question is has anyone on here been able to reserve hunts using WDFW website before? None of the property posted on their website show that there are any hunts available. I emailed WDFW a week or two ago with no reply. I will be emailing them again. I am only planning to reserve two days to hunt this unit for our special permits. I have found state land and BLM land but with the amount of private property I am sure that these state and BLM land will be loaded with pumpkins.

Thanks.
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: GMU 139 Feel Free to Hunt area's
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »
You don't have to "gain" access to the Feel Free to Hunt areas, just park where it says to park and hunt. I personally have never been successful in reserving any eastern GMU "reserve/register to hunt blocks. All were either reserved or reserved full within nano seconds of becoming available. :twocents:

Another note is you might find "hunt by written permission" blocks and make contact with the owner and try and gain written permission. I have had good luck with these.
Just tend your own and live.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
Pretty sure you can't make reservations until 2 weeks before hunting season starts, and then it's a rat race from what I've heard. With that said, I've never tried either, so who knows.
A friend was recently told about the 2 week thing by WDFW.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jjhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »
You won't have an issue with getting permission to fill an anterless tag.  You should get a very positive response just knocking on a couple of doors.

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
You don't have to "gain" access to the Feel Free to Hunt areas, just park where it says to park and hunt. I personally have never been successful in reserving any eastern GMU "reserve/register to hunt blocks. All were either reserved or reserved full within nano seconds of becoming available. :twocents:

Another note is you might find "hunt by written permission" blocks and make contact with the owner and try and gain written permission. I have had good luck with these.

Yes there are some property where no permission is needed however I wanted to access property where I need permission because just maybe they'll be less pressure lol.

But I will contact the few landowner's that I was able to get their contact info off the signs.

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 12:31:35 PM »
Pretty sure you can't make reservations until 2 weeks before hunting season starts, and then it's a rat race from what I've heard. With that said, I've never tried either, so who knows.
A friend was recently told about the 2 week thing by WDFW.

That is good to know. I looked at the kill reports and 139 has some high numbers so a rat race sounds about right. Thanks for the info.

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:50 PM »

Yes there are some property where no permission is needed however I wanted to access property where I need permission because just maybe they'll be less pressure lol.

But I will contact the few landowner's that I was able to get their contact info off the signs.

I hear ya, you shouldn't have an issue getting permission for an Antlerless tag out there....
Just tend your own and live.

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
You won't have an issue with getting permission to fill an anterless tag.  You should get a very positive response just knocking on a couple of doors.

Good to know, I've never knocked on someones door before to gain hunting access so it's a little nerve wrecking but I will man up and give it a shot. Thanks

I hear ya, you shouldn't have an issue getting permission for an Antlerless tag out there....

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal