collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: problem with WDFW and multi season tags.  (Read 14132 times)

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
problem with WDFW and multi season tags.
« on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
A lot of people drawn for multi season deer are not showing up as drawn and are not able to purchase tags.I guess they should have bought them earlier then the last 2 days.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: problem with WDFW and multi season tags.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:24:54 PM »
Or is it that they have already purchased a deer tag? If so, yesterday was the last day they could have purchased the multi season tag, because the first tag they bought needs to be turned in before the ms tag can be purchased. That can only be done when the WDFW office in Olympia is open.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
I've bought deer tags, then bought MS tags after the fact and not gone to Olympia to do it. Did it at Fred Meyer in fact. Are you saying the only place someone can buy their MS tag after purchasing a deer tag is in Olympia?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline badnewskruse

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • riggin slinger
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 02:33:23 PM »
me and my fiance do all of our tag buying online and we both got our multi season deer tags without any hassle at all

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »
I've bought deer tags, then bought MS tags after the fact and not gone to Olympia to do it. Did it at Fred Meyer in fact. Are you saying the only place someone can buy their MS tag after purchasing a deer tag is in Olympia?

No, but the license dealer has to call the WDFW office in Olympia so the original tag purchased can be removed from the system, so that the other tag can be purchased. At least that is my understanding of how it works. Weren't you required to turn in the original tag at Fred Meyer before they would sell you the multi season tag?

I could be wrong. But that is how it is was for me once when I exchanged an archery deer tag for a muzzleloader deer tag, and I'm assuming the process is the same when exchanging a tag for a multi season tag.

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 02:45:29 PM »
It is :yeah:
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Online redi

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
I exchanged my deer tag and purchased my multi season deer tag at Cabela's this week. Cabela's had to call WDF and kept my original deer tag. If you haven't chosen and accepted your tag it is easier to buy the multi season.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 03:33:59 PM »
Yes this is all accurate  :yeah:.I guess the problem lies in some of the retailers telling people that they had to buy the general tag in some places,now they waited and don't have a way to turn in said general tag until the after hours DFW gets a call from the applicant to be put on a list making it ok to buy the tag and turn in the general tag Sat. or Sun.

must call or you wont get it if you have not already.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 03:57:54 PM »
Given that WDFW has not yet decided what to do with the leftover tags, it might be worth a call to Olympia first thing Monday morning, and simply say: "I tried to purchase on 7/31, but could not.  Please sell it to me now."

Couldn't hurt to try.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 04:01:04 PM »
you dont have to wait until monday.if you wait you lose it.you must call the after hours number.1 360 902 2464
"Boss of the woods"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »

No, but the license dealer has to call the WDFW office in Olympia so the original tag purchased can be removed from the system, so that the other tag can be purchased. At least that is my understanding of how it works. Weren't you required to turn in the original tag at Fred Meyer before they would sell you the multi season tag?

I could be wrong. But that is how it is was for me once when I exchanged an archery deer tag for a muzzleloader deer tag, and I'm assuming the process is the same when exchanging a tag for a multi season tag.

I gave the lady my tag and she looked at me weird. I told her she was gonna need that and left it at that. I wasn't sure what the process was, and she didn't look like she knew either. I left with a multiseason permit and 1 tag in my pocket though. This was ~4 years ago maybe?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 09:35:47 PM »
You got selected for a second deer tag by the untrained sports dept. worker!  Wasted the tag, didn't you?  (pat yourself on the back).

Sounds like similar experiences I've had at Walmart, which is the closest license dealer to my house (though I do like to hang out there for the quality of the people I encounter).  :chuckle:
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline AKBowman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 10:11:19 PM »
This seems to be the deal. If you declared a weapon and bought that weapons deer tag then after the fact, drew a multi deer permit, the dealer has to contact WDFW before they can cancel your original tag and issue you your multi season tag.

If WDFW is closed today and tomorrow (last 2 days you can buy the multi season) and you have purchased a tag before drawing multi and now want to surrender your tag and buy multi you are hozed.

I bought my multi today but had not declared a season prior. A guy in front of me did and the system would not let him buy his multi. They should be given a break for that. If it says you can wait until July 31 than you should be given until July 31.
"All you can do is hunt” - Roy Roth

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 10:37:53 PM »
Earlier in this thread i have posted how to do it.AFTER HOURS WDFW NUMBER they will tell you everything you can do to get your tag.must call by midnight 31st.

last from me on this
"Boss of the woods"

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 06:20:38 AM »

I made two posts about this falling on Sunday and that if you have a tag Friday would be the latest you could consummate the purchase of the MS tag. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]