collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New to Vancouver Area - Looking for Partners  (Read 3251 times)

Offline kevinb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
New to Vancouver Area - Looking for Partners
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:33:52 AM »
Hi
I'm new to the area and am just starting the search for hunting areas and partners. I grew up hunting the Oregon coast so I'm familiar with the type of hunting around here, but I spent the last 10 years in CO. I've hunted deer and elk rifle and archery and am open to both, or anything else really. Mostly looking to meet some like minded people in the area. I've hunted alone a lot before, but it gets old when you have an elk on the ground! I'm mid 30's and hove no problem putting in a lot of miles on my feet. I can hunt weekends but also have some vacation time to use. If anyone is looking for a partner or has any advice for me let me know!

Kevin

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: New to Vancouver Area - Looking for Partners
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 09:38:36 AM »
Welcome neighbor. I'm out this year due to a surgery in 2 weeks. I archery hunt. Love to bend an elbow with you sometime. Welcome to the forum.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Brewkid

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »
Kevin,

PM Sent

John

Offline kevinb

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »
Welcome neighbor. I'm out this year due to a surgery in 2 weeks. I archery hunt. Love to bend an elbow with you sometime. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope everything works out for you. I would like to get together sometime.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 07:22:42 AM »
Welcome.  I'm slowing down more every year.  Hunting archery elk for the first time and don't have a partner lined up.  Got a warm dry camp that will go anywhere my truck can drag it.  Hope to pack one out, don't look forward to doing it alone.  If I don't get a partner lined up I might be forced to head to WY for September archery elk.  Either that or set in my yard and hope one of the local Yale herd come thru. :dunno:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline KDfishbiologist

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • Fish Biologist
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
Hi
I'm new to the area and am just starting the search for hunting areas and partners. I grew up hunting the Oregon coast so I'm familiar with the type of hunting around here, but I spent the last 10 years in CO. I've hunted deer and elk rifle and archery and am open to both, or anything else really. Mostly looking to meet some like minded people in the area. I've hunted alone a lot before, but it gets old when you have an elk on the ground! I'm mid 30's and hove no problem putting in a lot of miles on my feet. I can hunt weekends but also have some vacation time to use. If anyone is looking for a partner or has any advice for me let me know!

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

I'm new to the Vancouver area too and been asking around on here and doing a lot of reading. If you're looking for elk, you might try the Gifford-Pinchot NF. I work up at one of the hatcheries out past Carson and saw a big group of 10 cows the other day by the road. Some of the guys said they see them quite frequently tucked up between the road and the river. I was thinking of heading up to that area to also scout a little for deer, but haven't had a chance yet. I have heard it's really great for elk, but there are a lot of hunters. Might be worth it.

-Kari
>)))*>    >)))*>    >)))*>    >)))*>    >)))*>    >)))*>

"Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of adventure, fine beer, brains, and no fear."

Offline kevinb

• Pilgrim
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 03:26:46 PM »

Hey Kevin,

I'm new to the Vancouver area too and been asking around on here and doing a lot of reading. If you're looking for elk, you might try the Gifford-Pinchot NF. I work up at one of the hatcheries out past Carson and saw a big group of 10 cows the other day by the road. Some of the guys said they see them quite frequently tucked up between the road and the river. I was thinking of heading up to that area to also scout a little for deer, but haven't had a chance yet. I have heard it's really great for elk, but there are a lot of hunters. Might be worth it.

-Kari

Hi Kari, thanks for the tip. I have seen elk up that way also.

Offline RatRodMike

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »

Hit me up if you two do some elbow bending.  I work in Ridgefield and would love to meet some other hunters.

Offline SWiley

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:16 PM »
If you are still looking for someone to go with this year let me know. Both the guys I was going with this year fell threw so I'll be by myself. Wouldn't mind having someone to go with. I have an archery westside elk tag and multi-season for deer.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal