collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bridget & Grandpa Joe w/nice Hauser Lake Rainbow  (Read 2560 times)

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Bridget & Grandpa Joe w/nice Hauser Lake Rainbow
« on: August 21, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
It was really a power run.  We spent Stampede Week in Omak and then Sunday night at the Ritzville Fairgrounds.  I dropped the wife & baby off at the bus in Ritzville and left the RV in the Ritzville Monday morning and took Bridget & Elise to Big Fork, Augusta & Helena before heading home this morning from Missoula.

We only had four hours to get the boat to the lake, get in some fishing and get back home, but we got it done.  Bridget caught the big one, but we kept two more that were pretty decent and then turned a couple two pounders loose after we had enough for dinner.   

Good firm flesh and really good eating, pretty surprising for August.

Grandpa Joe and Grandma Linda are not related by blood, Grandpa Joe's mother babysat JDHasty when I was wearing my pants three cornered.   

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
Re: Bridget & Grandpa Joe w/nice Hauser Lake Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »
good times, great memories  :tup:

Offline Henrydog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »
Looking at the photos you mean Holter Lake north between Great Falls and Helena, not Hauser (state line Idaho) right?

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »
Lincoln Rd takes you right there.  Put in @ Black Sandy State Park (arrow) and troll w/Ford Fender & night crawler along the red line.  There are some real hawg rainbows in Hauser, we were wanting the kids to catch some fish for dinner so we were not going after big ones 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:56:32 PM by JDHasty »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »
Nice smile on that little girl's face.  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
Nice smile on that little girl's face.  :tup:

They were  a couple real troopers, I am very proud of them both.  After we left Omak we were never in one place for longer than a couple days and there was a lot of riding in the truck involved and I didn't get a word of complaining.  I was so glad we were able to make it out to the lake. 

1,612 miles in twelve days if you don't include side trips.  I actually put 1,900 miles on the truck on the trip. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal