collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Zen Ray binos  (Read 3173 times)

Offline duckman nale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Zen Ray binos
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:27:33 PM »
I'm looking at getting a set of the zen ray zrs summit binoculars in a 8x42 and was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with these binos. It would be my first pair I'm been running vortex for the last 3 years and want to step up and get better binos. Thank you

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
Re: Zen Ray binos
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:30:29 PM »
I haven't tried the Summits but I tried out the ED3's and they were A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Prime's are also nice. Nothing in similar price ranges of Vortex is competitive IMHO.  :twocents:

Offline SemperFidelis97

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:26:19 AM »
I agree with Bean Counter the ED2s, and ED3s are some pretty good glass, but I have no experience with the summit.  Looking at the summit online it may be a more entry level glass for them, if it were me I would continue to save, and try to pick up a used set of EDs, or Primes.  Zen Ray occasionally sells refurbished, or demo stuff of their site which would be another way to get a good deal.

Offline duckman nale

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
Thanks I will definitely look into the ed3 wanting to step up to a better binos and just seeing what's out there

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
$370 for the ED3s. Charles used to pop in here now and then and there used to be a discount for H-w members.
http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/binoculars.html

Personally, with how important glassing is to me (I hunt a desert), I'd take a year off hunting to save up before going afield with subpar optics. Just me though.

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »
Thank you guys.   When we first introduced ZRS HD binoculars, we offered $35 off discount for Hunting Washing members.  I will reinstate this discount and offer to this community member again. Hopefully search engine will not pick this one up. lol  The coupon code is Hunt-WA (not case sensitive).

We have some ED4 coming next week as well. You can save $150 on a pair using coupon code HEART-ED4.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can be of your assistance.

Charles

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 05:36:36 AM »
Great offer Charles! Hope he takes you up on it and gets some excellent glass!

Offline Stickerbush

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 06:28:23 AM »
cu
Thank you guys.   When we first introduced ZRS HD binoculars, we offered $35 off discount for Hunting Washing members.  I will reinstate this discount and offer to this community member again. Hopefully search engine will not pick this one up. lol  The coupon code is Hunt-WA (not case sensitive).

We have some ED4 coming next week as well. You can save $150 on a pair using coupon code HEART-ED4.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can be of your assistance.

Charles

Charles is there any bino adapters for tripods that fit them? I think i saw some on your website but they were sold out. I haven't been able to find any that fit, I think I have the ed3
Coastal Perspective.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »
Charles and Zenray have stayed active in the hunting community. They stepped up with a pair of binos for a young man I took under my wing. Great people. :tup: Get your binos from them if you can.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline duckman nale

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 01:35:01 PM »
I wish I would have known about that discount I've been camping all week and my family all chipped in on a set of vortex 8x42 talons for my birthday

Offline ZRS-8x42

• Scout
    • Zen-Ray Optics
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 01:32:24 PM »
cu

Charles

Charles is there any bino adapters for tripods that fit them? I think i saw some on your website but they were sold out. I haven't been able to find any that fit, I think I have the ed3

The tripod adaptor is in stock now. 

http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/accessories/tripodadapter.html

It works perfectly for your ED3 binoculars.  As a matter of fact, it is compatible with all of our binoculars models.

Thanks

Charles

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal