collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Freezer meat  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Killsticks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Freezer meat
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:29:19 PM »
Hi there!
 Been a lurker recently and decided to post this question since the guys on here seem to really be great at sharing general knowledge. Been a bow hunter since I was 18 (42 now) had some success. Had a daughter almost 5 years ago so my life really changed.  Haven't been in the woods for the last three years at all. This year through a series of fortunate circumstances I was able to get a really good used bow and time (not much) to hunt. I am not a horn hunter, I just like to fill the freezer with meat. Went and scouted my old hunting areas in Leavenworth last weekend to discover they are completely grown over.  Didn't see any deer. Ran into a very persistent skunk. This changed my plans completely for the early hunt. I live in Everett and now am considering going to my old spot in Wynooche. Has anyone any suggestions on where to tag a doe? Not looking for your honey hole. Just a good chance.

Offline HarboritE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
Re: Freezer meat
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:52:42 PM »
My days in the woods have been much more limited since my new hunting partner was born so I feel for you man ! If you're considering hunting the wynoochee , you'll need a weyco permit for almost everywhere. If it's worth $250 I think there's still some left.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:58 PM »
My days in the woods have been much more limited since my new hunting partner was born so I feel for you man ! If you're considering hunting the wynoochee , you'll need a weyco permit for almost everywhere. If it's worth $250 I think there's still some left.

I'd buy $250 worth of beef/pork before paying that... although I'm a cheap *censored* and am lucky enough to have deer in my backyard....  There is plenty of State land around in Capitol Forest where you probably have as good of a chance at finding a doe. 

Offline cumminsbassguy

• Hunter
  • Groups: Spokane Bass Club
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:24:01 AM »
Do some evening drives.   Find some fields of deer.   Go knock on door . Ask nicely(with kid in hand)  hopefully shoot deer, neat in freezer

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »

I'd buy $250 worth of beef/pork before paying that... although I'm a cheap *censored* and am lucky enough to have deer in my backyard....  There is plenty of State land around in Capitol Forest where you probably have as good of a chance at finding a doe.

I agree.  You will be able to find a doe in Capitol Forest and it's closer to you than the Nooch.

Offline Eli346

• Eli
  • Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
There isn't any Weyco land in the Wynoochee that I know of. Getting down over towards 101 on Donkey Cr. you'll run into some Rayonier land that you need permits for and on the south side is some Green Diamond land but if you go straight up Wynoochee River Rd and get off some ofthe side roads that are gated you can walk in as long as they aren't Green Diamond. They sign their gates really well so there shouldn't be any mistakes on that.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Freezer meat
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 10:19:00 AM »
Isn't Weyerhaeuser's "Aberdeen North" permit in the Wynoochee?

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:37:05 PM »
There are some lands in Wynoochee identified on WDFW GO HUNT app as "municipally owned".  You might give the assessor's office a call to see what municipality owns them, and whether they are huntable.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline Killsticks

• Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »
Last time I hunted the 'nooch there were a lot of gates but nothing about permission needed to access. I don't mind the gates. I like to walk in anyway.

Offline Bomber52

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »
My buddy rode his dirt bike in Cap forest on Saturday and saw a ton of deer
Tread softly and carry a big stick

TRUMP2016

2A571

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »
Go road hunt in gmu 247 in the morning and evening then bust brush in the middle of the day and and u will get a doe.

Offline Killsticks

• Pilgrim
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 11:06:09 AM »
Spent Saturday looking around wynoochee. Saw 10 deer but everything was spooky. Did discover Whorehouser has closed access to most of my old spots.  I hope that company burns in hell.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal