collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: FREE!!! Youth bird hunting opportunities this weekend  (Read 3746 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: FREE!!! Youth bird hunting opportunities this weekend
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »
I  just found out the Sept. 17-18 clinic and hunt are still on in Sunnyside (Yakima)!  And there is room left.    :tup:

Great chance for the kids to learn valuable things and hunt pheasant.

Carl

That's tomorrow and sunday.

Hmm, the 17 and 18.  Opening turkey, youth duck, youth goose, youth upland, middle of archery.  And you wonder why nobody wants to go shoot farmed birds?  Think this should have been planned a little better.

Lots of hunting starts all at the same time this time of year. We can't have it all I guess.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:43 AM »
I just now found out and I would have taken my grandson to it had I known in enough time.

Poor, Poor planning. Sounds like they had everything set up except getting the word out before hand.

PPPPPPP

:bash: :sry:

Pre-Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »

Hmm, the 17 and 18.  Opening turkey, youth duck, youth goose, youth upland, middle of archery.  And you wonder why nobody wants to go shoot farmed birds?  Think this should have been planned a little better.

Lots of hunting starts all at the same time this time of year. We can't have it all I guess.

I think asmith makes a good point. Why couldn't this have been done before the regular seasons?  According to another post, game farm birds can be shot out of the regular season.

Offline Carl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
I can't believe the timing either.  Too many other seasons kicking in this weekend.

Here's a link if anyone can make it.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/huntered/clinics/

If you're not turkey hunting, youth duck hunting, youth goose hunting, youth upland hunting, or archery hunting.  :chuckle:

Carl

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »

I think asmith makes a good point. Why couldn't this have been done before the regular seasons?  According to another post, game farm birds can be shot out of the regular season.

I don't disagree with that thinking. I think a lot of things could have been done differently with this event.

Is anyone on here directly involved with Yakima Pheasants Forever??
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal