collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: les schwab junk  (Read 20568 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: les schwab junk
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »
Www.crawlpedia.com has a pretty decent cross reference for wheel bolt patterns for rigs. I have used it for purchasing used tires and wheels. @Happy Gilmore
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »
Schwab has always been good to me, Well except for the manager at the smokey pt schwab.   I think he may of gotten an arse whuppin back in like 2002.   :IBCOOL:
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:06 AM »
I belive part of the love hate relationship comes from the discretion each MGR has that macs b talks about. There are less independent owner story today than before Les died and since none of his family took hold of the reigns it can't be the same kind of company. Schwab has succeeded by having a location in every small town and taking care of thier customers.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:50 AM »
Additionally cooper Tire a usa company has made many of thier private label  tires for years.

Confucius

Offline fish vacuum

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 10:11:50 AM »

I do believe that if a guy does a lot of traveling, hunting, fishing etc. in the PNW he would be smart to run schwab tires just for the fact that you can find one in just about every town in Wash. Ore. Idaho etc. to take care of tire issues. 
If needed, they can handle tire issues regardless of where I bought my tires. Might cost a few bucks, but oh well.
I stopped going to Schwab years ago because every time I went in for new tires or puncture repair, they told me I needed a bunch of other things replaced. One location always told me my brakes were down to 10% and needed replacing. This was over the course of a few years with two different vehicles. Somehow I managed to drive both rigs for years without any problems. 

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 10:16:10 AM »
Macs B is correct when saying Les Schwab buys a LOT of fair animals, they really do a lot for the kids at fair time.
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
each schwabby is different,I have had great luck with all of them but one in Puyallup...
Must be, I have had great luck with the Burien store.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Online JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »

I do believe that if a guy does a lot of traveling, hunting, fishing etc. in the PNW he would be smart to run schwab tires just for the fact that you can find one in just about every town in Wash. Ore. Idaho etc. to take care of tire issues. 
If needed, they can handle tire issues regardless of where I bought my tires. Might cost a few bucks, but oh well.
I stopped going to Schwab years ago because every time I went in for new tires or puncture repair, they told me I needed a bunch of other things replaced. One location always told me my brakes were down to 10% and needed replacing. This was over the course of a few years with two different vehicles. Somehow I managed to drive both rigs for years without any problems.
:yeah: always tried to tell me I needed something else.  Finally went to get two tires after a blowout and they said they could only sell in a set of four because of 4x4.  Only need two...same axle...  But claimed liability blah blah blah.  Guys at discount are like what two do you want?  Done!

Offline Redstar

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/Makerneer/
    • Makerneer
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »
The store manager and the jack-knob with the impact gun is why we no longer use the Irongate Les Schwab in Bellingham. They f'ed up a wheel and wheel stud, worst part is they tried to hide it and send my wife back out on the road. The manager of that store was a complete a hole. Fortunately the Meridian ST Les Schwab stepped up and took care of us.
Need a thing-a-majig? I can help!

3D printing, CNC routing and machining, Laser cutting and engraving, Vinyl cutting, Metal work, Woodwork, custom shirts, a bit of everything!

Now featuring a large format CNC router capable of 4' x 16' and gigantic 3D printing capacity of 16 cubic feet, yes you read right cubic feet!

Checkout more of what I'm up to here https://www.makerneer.com/blog

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
YEP, OUR ANNUAL LES SUCKS THREAD.  :beatdeadhorse: :chuckle:

ITS A GREAT PLACE AS LONG AS YOUR YOUR WALLET, OR THE LINE OF CREDIT THEY HAVE IS WIDE OPEN FOR THEM TO CHARGE AWAY AT.  :twocents:

I LEFT THEM YEARS AGO, AND TOOK MY BUSINESS TO LOCAL SHOPS THAT ARE REPUTABLY, AND HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK. :tup:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
YEP, OUR ANNUAL LES SUCKS THREAD.  :beatdeadhorse: :chuckle:

ITS A GREAT PLACE AS LONG AS YOUR YOUR WALLET, OR THE LINE OF CREDIT THEY HAVE IS WIDE OPEN FOR THEM TO CHARGE AWAY AT.  :twocents:

I LEFT THEM YEARS AGO, AND TOOK MY BUSINESS TO LOCAL SHOPS THAT ARE REPUTABLY, AND HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK. :tup:

I see this thread got you yelling again  :chuckle: yesterday you didn't yell in another thread  :chuckle:
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 07:18:45 PM »
skwab wants to sell me Toyo's for $400 each with no warranty...i don't take my duramax wheelin but 80% of my miles are on gravel roads and that diesel pig chews up tires for breakfast.  Discount will sell me the same tire make/design/10 ply in a cooper tire with a 60,000 mile warranty for $200 per tire...enough said
beer---it's whats for dinner

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 07:51:47 PM »
skwab wants to sell me Toyo's for $400 each with no warranty...i don't take my duramax wheelin but 80% of my miles are on gravel roads and that diesel pig chews up tires for breakfast.  Discount will sell me the same tire make/design/10 ply in a cooper tire with a 60,000 mile warranty for $200 per tire...enough said

Can you elaborate?
I'm assuming the M/Ts? Since shwaub carries a 60k on the A/Ts.
size?

1/2 the price seams too good to be true

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »
Chevy dealer is working on tracking down a set of factory 17" (if they exist) or a replacement Fuel wheel. I just bought new bfg in 17" after the first one cracked. Sucks. I'm sort of stuck in a hole with this situation
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
Chevy dealer is working on tracking down a set of factory 17" (if they exist) or a replacement Fuel wheel. I just bought new bfg in 17" after the first one cracked. Sucks. I'm sort of stuck in a hole with this situation
You should be able to find factory 17" on climate pretty cheap. What year?

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw