collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: If I catch you....its gonna be damn ugly  (Read 17944 times)

Offline BigfootHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: If I catch you....its gonna be damn ugly
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2016, 12:28:13 PM »
Let's choot em!
It's not always what you put in the freezer, but the memories you come home with.

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »
10 acres huh? Do you have it fenced off? Maybe not but, do you at least have signs saying "No Trespassing" and "No Hunting"? If you don't have it clearly posted that there is no trespassing allowed then you might as well have a welcome sign according to WA state law.

This isn't exactly true.  It is pretty clear in the game regs that private land in WA does not have to posted.  It is up to the hunter to know whether they are on private or public land.
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 01:48:06 PM »
10 acres huh? Do you have it fenced off? Maybe not but, do you at least have signs saying "No Trespassing" and "No Hunting"? If you don't have it clearly posted that there is no trespassing allowed then you might as well have a welcome sign according to WA state law.

This isn't exactly true.  It is pretty clear in the game regs that private land in WA does not have to posted.  It is up to the hunter to know whether they are on private or public land.

That's not true.  In fact, the law specifically states the private timberland MUST be posted in order for a trespass to occur.  Other lands must have signs of outward ownership, i.e. buildings, farming, fences, etc.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 01:55:41 PM »

Does private property need to be posted in Washington State in order for trespass rules to be enforced?

No. If the land has indications of private ownership, such as buildings, fences, or signs, you cannot go onto the land without the landowner’s or tenant’s permission, if you go onto land despite seeing or being aware of No Trespassing signs, you can be cited for trespassing. If you trespass on private property that is not posted with signs or fenced, or is only sparsely posted with signs or fenced, and you refuse to leave the property when asked to do so by the property owner, you can be cited for trespass.

Offline Roperfive88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »
Ok guys, even though I knew there was no other camera down there I checked. Nothing. My neighbor is a elderly guy and prob has never even seen a game camera. Without broadcasting where my place is, I can say that for Hidden Valley, its undeveloped and theres not many houses near me. This post has gotten pretty funny, but the fact is I just wanted to post what evidence I had, and maybe remind folks its hunting season and the desperate folks are out there and willing to tresspass without any hesitation. My property borders a massive chunk of private land that has no buildings or structures on it and is very wild. I think I should mention, not a single one of my neighbors allows hunting on their land. I prob didnt even need to make a post but when I got home and saw it I was furious.

Im gonna put a few new cams up in some new areas and see what I can find, and also more signs. Ill update as i can, hopefully nothing else to share!!

How often do you check your cameras. Just because it is not there now doesn't mean there was not one there when the video was taken. It lines up too perfect to when the elk passed that tree where the light shines and does not move. It could be something else but sure looks like a camera.   :twocents:

Do you have any daytime pictures from the camera? It would be interesting to see what we are looking at since the video is mostly black.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:05:35 AM by Roperfive88 »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand