collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Thanks to white pass outfitters  (Read 2151 times)

Offline r67968

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Thanks to white pass outfitters
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
I would like to give a thumbs up to Kent and white pass outfitters for helping my family have a very memorable hunt this year. It all started with my dad (DJR on this forum) drawing a muzzleloader branched antler tag in unit 356. We also had a couple cow tags for this unit between the rest of the family. This set the wheels in motion and gave us the motivation to do something a little different.
That difference came in the form of WPO. My dad did some research and asked what I thought? It didn't take me long to decide that it sounded like a great experience doing the horse and wall tent/wilderness type hunt instead of our normal road/tent camp. The hunting party would be five strong. My dad, my nephew, my wife, and son would round out the family hunt. I was looking to make some memories with my family but I was also on fire to see my dad have a chance to fill his tag.
In the end the hunt really couldn't have been better. Kent had us set up in a spot that had elk sign a plenty. The wall tent and amenities where more than adequate, even with the rain, and everything was new. When my wife had to come out early due to work obligations it was no issue with WPO and she was taken down to the trail head by Kent's employee and his wife. When my dad did fill his tag :IBCOOL: with a respectable bull WPO came in and hauled out the meat as Kent said he would. If I have one complaint it would be that the communication about what to expect could be better. We were all new to horses, mules and loads for said animals and there was a little confusion about the gear. There was some creative loading by Kent's guy and it all worked out. There were a few speed bumps in the logistics area, but certainly nothing to get my hair up. After all, I know my wife would not call me an expert in the art of communication! Bottom line is we all had a great time, and we had opportunities at elk. It was a great hunt and to have three generations plus my wife at elk camp was special in only a way hunters understand. If I draw bull tag in the future I would certainly consider Kent and WPO again.

Offline Widgeondeke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
Re: Thanks to white pass outfitters
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »
Good write up.  :tup:

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
Re: Thanks to white pass outfitters
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »
Last I heard they were being run out of town by some pilgrims.  Good to hear the other side.sounds great !
loction location location ! perzackly !

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal