collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just Sad...  (Read 17400 times)

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Just Sad...
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 04:54:50 AM »
He 'taught you so much' because he knew you could handle it and use it to move forward.  Carry on.  From what I have read and seen he chose will.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 05:47:57 AM »
I'll post something I've posted before, granted it's from the Bible but I think it's spot on whether or not one "believes".

It is better to go to a house of mourning
than to go to a house of feasting,
for death is the destiny of everyone;
the living should take this to heart.

The point is that death is a major reality check for all of us.  We each owe one.  When in this kind of situation, I try to focus on WHY that person made a difference to my life and HOW I can use their example, and make positive differences to others.  The fact you feel pain in this loss says something.  The fact that it is a loss!  I can think of a few people where I would argue them dying isn't much of a loss....  :chuckle:   I'm not trying to be disrespectful with my humor, but if you only feel the pain of a loss without learning from them how to make a difference in other peoples lives......then it is indeed just a loss......

Find the silver lining.....

The only thing that makes it better is time........but during that time, think of the gift of time you've been given and make the best of it  :tup:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline cedarriver

• Cedar River Taxidermy
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • Cedar River Taxidermy
    • Cedar River Taxidermy
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 08:23:18 AM »
 So sorry for your loss. Sounds to me that he gave you everything you need to have the confidence to go forward in ALL you do. Make him proud and live your life, and do your job the way you know he would want you to live it. There is a time to morn but there is also a time to realize he would not want you spend too much time there, celebrate his life and all he has shown you. Prayers for you and God Bless.
We give your trophy that final compliment!

Offline Becky

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:36 AM »
I wanted to update on this... Everyone who reached out to me, those who personally shared with me, you all gave me strength to really push on and get through that last week. Brit's wake was last Saturday, it was beautiful and happy and filled with good memories and good people. It was humbling, and helped ground me to see how many people were personally affected by him in different ways.

With that said, when it rains it pours... and that Saturday night after Brit's wake Shaun received the most painful of news ... a close childhood friend of his, his "brother", had committed suicide. I can't even begin to express how painful it is to have my heart ripped wide open again when the scar tissue was only just starting to heal. I hurt so incredibly bad, especially for these men, these brothers, that he left behind. His roommate who was there when it happened, another childhood friend of Shaun's and a good friend of mine as well, is incredibly lost and I am doing everything in my power to take the small strength you all gave me here and try to help. It's one thing to lose someone who was older and fighting his health, this is so so different.. 

I can't and won't go into details out of respect to him, just that he was 30 and still had too much life to live. He was such an amazing person, and I hope you will all continue to pray for healing, for help, for mending. So many questions, and so much uncertainty.. If I'm not around for a while on here I'm sorry, I'm only one small person lost in this whole mess of emotions.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:04:37 PM by Smossy's Girl »

Offline Becky

• Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »
... it happens in threes. I know I don't deserve to ask but can you praying ones please add in healing for my other coworker Keith, who just this very moment as I was typing got the phone call that his mom has passed away. Today is exactly 6 months since his dad passed earlier this year.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »
SG, my thoughts are with you and your loved ones during this difficult time.  Stay strong and lean on those around you for strength.
Dave

Offline Sakko300wsm

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »
Sorry for your pain Becky- prayers and thoughts are with you. Keep your head up
VELOCITY MARINE- ALUMINUM BOATS
I hunt fur and fins!!
23' X 9' custom jet in the works
Haxby 550hp 496"
Hammi 241
Stick steer

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »
Prayers and more prayers for your strength and healing, and for those around you.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »
Honor him with your success.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Becky

• Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
Thank you. I'm just so incredibly overwhelmed, but trying my best to pay forward the kind words and strength I've received from some very special friends on here. I'm going to continue to try to be strong, and be there for Smossy and the other close friends who are now suffering and hurting because of this suicide  :'( ..

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
Hang in there and remember take care of you first.  Much like on an airplane if the oxygen masks deploy, get yours on first and then help others.  Take care of yourself first and then work to help those around you.  There will be ups and downs, I am sure they will return the favor.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »
 :yeah:
Good advice Rick.  My sentiments exactly.  Take care of yourself SG.  You can do that and help others as well.

Offline kellama2001

• Global Moderator
  • Frontiersman
  • Everyone wants to eat-but few are willing to hunt
  • Groups: F4WM, MDF, NWTF, RMEF
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »
So sorry to hear how much more pain has been heaped on you  :sry:  Extra prayers for all involved  :'(
It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.
-Aldo Leopold

Offline PNWJimbo

• Knife Addict
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: PSMS
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2016, 09:37:53 PM »
Really sorry you are going through this, your post conveys how special this guy was, not only to you but probably to everyone he met. Some people are just great like that. This feeling of grief will pass but your memories together never will.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 12:16:22 AM »
Praying for you and all those mentioned in this post that are experiencing great loss, suffering, and pain.
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]