collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: All loaded up  (Read 1486 times)

Offline sumpnz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
All loaded up
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:12:47 PM »
Except for cold food/ice/beer I'm all loaded up to take Thing 1 deer hunting.  First time trying to do something like that in a Toyota Camry.  There's not much airspace left in the car.  But I even got enough firewood for a campfire tomorrow night. 

For next year I really hope I have an SUV or pickup for this.

Headed out to GMU 218.  Daytime weather looks pretty good.  Low 40's and overcast.  Been snowing (but probably not sticking too much) the last couple days there.  Only have tomorrow and Saturday to hunt, so good chance we'll get a doe on the tag my kid drew, but I'm not going to hold my breath for a buck for myself.  Could happen, especially if the recent weather has turned on the migration.  But I'd give it 10% odds at best that I have opportunity on a legal (3pt min on one side) buck.

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: All loaded up
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »
Stay positive, enjoy the time outdoors and good luck! :tup:
Just tend your own and live.

Offline sumpnz

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:19:17 PM »
If I get a buck that's great.  But my #1 priority is getting the kid on a doe and helping her close the deal.  I'm used to not getting a buck, but I want my kid to get that taste of success so she'll be excited to do it again next year.

Offline Yakirack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 08:17:23 AM »
Good luck you will probably shoot one.
One time I took my wife's Camry out hunting because my truck had a flat tire and figured i wouldn't see anything anyway.....I shot a buck.  :)

Offline sumpnz

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 08:01:37 AM »
No success in getting a deer, which surprised me. A solid dozen miles of hiking over 2 days, many hours of glassing prime areas, and saw 0 deer. Not even in the upper parts of the draw 1200 yards away. Never seen less than 6 does per day up there in past years. Talked to quite a few folks that hunted much longer than 2 days with similar stories.

Anyway, will post some pictures of my daughter and I and the scenery later today.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 08:07:43 AM »
Hope you still had a good time.   Lots more to hunting than killing.  I look forward to your pics.   Did you go to the Methow?

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal