collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chelan Butte Ram  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Alex4200

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Chelan Butte Ram
« on: October 22, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »
 A little bit of a funny story for these photos.  This morning was the opening of pheasant season but I had been not sleeping well all week and decided to sleep in and go pheasant hunting instead on Sunday. In doing so I thought I might not have to deal with as many people.

So I get up late and my wife and I are having coffee and doing a crossword puzzle together. But our two golden retrievers are full of themselves and between fighting with each other and pestering us there was going to be no rest on this supposedly relaxing day. Finally about nine o'clock I had enough of the dogs and decided to take them out and let them burn off some energy.

I headed up to Chelan Butte thinking that there might still be one of the released pheasants left. So I find a place to park in between the many other cars spaced out around the hillside. I start uphill thinking this would be the best way to burn off some of that energy.

After about an hour the dogs finally start to slow down and hunt. We were able to get one phesant and one quail. But best of all I now had two tired dogs. We head back to the truck for water and treats. I get them all loaded up and get ready to head back to town. That's when I see the big guy.

I had already started the truck to leave but I noticed he is sort of heading our direction. I shut the truck off and grab my camera. I get out of the truck and start putting the sneak on him. As he neared the skyline I realize that this is going to be a REALLY great opportunity to get some nice shots. That's when I started shaking. "Holy crap, I am getting buck fever." "Take a few deep breaths and calm down already."

Anyway, here his the end result. Hope you enjoy. Sometimes the simplest things can give us so much satisfaction. For me today it is two tired dogs, two birds in the bag, a couple nice photos, and a great day outside.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Chelan Butte Ram
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »
Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »
Awesome! We saw three rams and about six ewes this am off highway 97 about three miles from Entiat, first time we have ever seen them. One of the ewes was obviously in estrous all three rams were chasing her and fighting amongst each other.
IAFF #3728

Offline Mark251

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
Amazing pics!  Thank you for sharing them  :tup:

Offline branches

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 08:15:13 PM »
Cool pictures. That last photo looks awesome.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal