collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How Would You Handle This?  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: How Would You Handle This?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
This happened to me in MT when I was run off a piece of state land by four guys that were hunting their "uncle's" land.  I think the next time it happens I will pull up the phone and video the confrontation and turn them in for interfering with a legal hunt.  I would think that might hold water as it is just as illegal for a hunter to interfere with you as an activist the law was written for.  Send the video into the text hotline and see what happens.  If nothing else, you have some evidence if it keeps up or escalates the next day.

It's hard to do, but don't let those guys ruin your hunt.  The good news is that the vast majority of guys I run into are just like me, out there to have fun and chase animals.

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 05:35:21 PM »
you handled it outstanding my friend . I'm not sure if very many people would have done the same. imagine if you where the small guy and him the larger . I had a guy confront me once on state land with a axe handle and he was pissed . I was in my twenties and packing oo buck shot . he said I was trespassing which I wasn't ( btw he had posted the state land his and his neighbors who hadn't been there in twenty years . I told him this can go three ways one he turns and walks off , two he puts the axe down and I will put my gun down and proceed to beat his ass or third take one more step towards me and find out how this 12 gauge feels . he choose to walk off . I ran into a guide that worked for Okanogan valley outfitters hunting my property a couple years ago , he had a paying client and a new bow hunter over 500 pounds of apples on my lot . I made it clear that they where trespassing and told him id allow the fella to hunt because he didn't know better and the guide was just told to go there , they finished the hunt and I haven't had issues since . got to wonder how rt woulda handled it ?
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »
You handled this like a gentleman, and displayed a great example to your daughter. I would not have been as good as you. The first thing that came to my mind was to blurt out "what the heck is illegal about walking a county road near a patch of public land?". I have a daughter too and the thought of a challenge like this in the presence of her turns me into full on push-back against the threat mode. I also do legal work and I have learned that if you throw the law in their face and tell them they don't know what they are talking about they usually let up. That old geezer probably hadn't had his morning drink yet.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal