collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Potholes early Nov  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Olddaug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Potholes early Nov
« on: October 25, 2016, 06:34:39 PM »
Hitting potholes in the second week of Nov. with my two sons. First timers at Potholes but hopeful for a good scout, maybe some ducks and a few fish. Anyone who has any cautions, or guidance? Taking a GPS and plenty of cold weather gear for those potential high winds and wet rides back to the dock.

Anything we should be concerned about? Areas to avoid? Appreciate any feedback we can get. :lol3:

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Potholes early Nov
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
The crab creek channel is a well known flyway in the PH's. Problem is everyone knows it and when the birds are in it can mean short hunts with limits. You'll need to get to your blind by about 2am most guys leave around 330 from what I've heard in the past. The west arm way back by the job corp dike can be good. You'll need to put a gps track down the day before to your blind. Make sure you have at least 2 other options. Fog can be bad at that time as well. Use your gps or compass and head do north. Lots of guys get lost and travel in circles until the fog lifts. Make sure you boat has lights and use them and pfd's.
Last, boom scout. Just don't hit the water and head back into the dunes. Listen to where the volley's of shooting is coming from then head that way. You know there are ducks flying that area from the shooting. Saves a bunch of time trying to find the birds.

Good luck. If you see the guys with the mud boats at the Blythe launch make sure you say hi as they live on the hill and can get you in the right direction.

Offline cliffordingles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: U.S. Army
Re: Potholes early Nov
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:10 AM »
Im heading over for my first time aswell. Nov 7-10 or 11. Going with 2 of my Army buddies. Ive been keeping an eye on the weather, is should be decent but cold.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal