collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: backpacking adventure(south america)  (Read 16452 times)

Offline fillthefreezer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • @adventure_sd
backpacking adventure(south america)
« on: October 27, 2016, 03:32:18 PM »
not hunting related, but ive made a lot of friends on this site, some i dont talk to often enough.  :hello:
i thought id throw up this post about my latest adventure undertaking. im leaving for a moose hunt this weekend but as soon as i get back ill be doing laundry, only to repack my backpack for 9 weeks, backpacking around south america. starting with a week in costa rica, to sort of unwind, and hang out on the beach. from there i fly to peru. ill be hanging in cusco for a few days to acclimate, then heading out for machu pichu along the salkantay route. pretty excited to look down from salkantay pass, and probably swim in humantay lake. hot springs along the way at santa theresa and aguas calientes. ill get a chace to walk through the inca ruins, and climb huayna pichu. after that i plan to grab a bus, or maybe a train down to lake titicaca. once december rolls around, i have a ticket to santiago chile. from there i plan to make my way down, through patagonia to puerto natales. from there ill be attempting the full circuit "Q" route around torres del paine. from here i plan to travel towards ushuiah, checking out the last port for the antarctic bound, then beginning northern travel, along the argentinian coast. i should make beunos aires just before new years and be stateside once again, a week after that. other than a few airbnb's and a couple plane tickets, i have no plans set in stone, so we'll see how it goes. the research, planning, and packing for this has been fun, a lot like an out of state wilderness hunt! brushing up on my BROKEN spanish. apprehension and excitement are on high. anyway, ill pop in and post a picture of two if anyone is interested or follow my IG @adventure_sd

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Re: backpacking adventure(south america)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 03:41:54 PM »
Great a adventure, have fun. I'll hopefully be doing that on a motocycle when I retire.   :tup:

I'll be following you.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline 3boys

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:22:02 PM »
not hunting related, but ive made a lot of friends on this site, some i dont talk to often enough.  :hello:
i thought id throw up this post about my latest adventure undertaking. im leaving for a moose hunt this weekend but as soon as i get back ill be doing laundry, only to repack my backpack for 9 weeks, backpacking around south america. starting with a week in costa rica, to sort of unwind, and hang out on the beach. from there i fly to peru. ill be hanging in cusco for a few days to acclimate, then heading out for machu pichu along the salkantay route. pretty excited to look down from salkantay pass, and probably swim in humantay lake. hot springs along the way at santa theresa and aguas calientes. ill get a chace to walk through the inca ruins, and climb huayna pichu. after that i plan to grab a bus, or maybe a train down to lake titicaca. once december rolls around, i have a ticket to santiago chile. from there i plan to make my way down, through patagonia to puerto natales. from there ill be attempting the full circuit "Q" route around torres del paine. from here i plan to travel towards ushuiah, checking out the last port for the antarctic bound, then beginning northern travel, along the argentinian coast. i should make beunos aires just before new years and be stateside once again, a week after that. other than a few airbnb's and a couple plane tickets, i have no plans set in stone, so we'll see how it goes. the research, planning, and packing for this has been fun, a lot like an out of state wilderness hunt! brushing up on my BROKEN spanish. apprehension and excitement are on high. anyway, ill pop in and post a picture of two if anyone is interested or follow my IG @adventure_sd
You forgot to add if you are a mechanic looking for a 10 week gig while your gone to PM 3boys. Have a great trip!

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:57:14 PM »
A most excellent adventure. It is very cool when people are willing to be travelers instead of tourists. I don't IG, so if you'd update us occasionally via HuntWa I know I and a few others might appreciate that.
Safe travels  :tup:
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »
That's bad ass!

Offline CLARKTAR

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:47 PM »
Have fun! I spent 8 months in Argentina. It was a blast. Hope you make the crazy partying in Mar del Plata...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline SWHUNTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:40 PM »
Good luck man! Have fun and be safe!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 09:32:10 PM »
Jesus man, that sounds like an amazing adventure. You going solo?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline fillthefreezer

• Sourdough
  • @adventure_sd
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »
Craig, thanks for helping to make this a reality
Steve, I'm pretty freaking excited, maybe next adventure will be Alaska float!
Chris, I may hit you up once I'm in Argentina for tips
Shane, thanks, I'm doing my best to take safety seriously and how could this NOT be fun!!??😉
Josh, my crazy enough to join me, girlfriend is accompanying me!
To you boys that commented that I don't know yet, thanks. I'll make sure to check in with pics or stories
🍻

Offline jeffro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »
Brush up on your Spanish, and pick up a Portuguese dictionary.
Sounds like an awesome adventure.
One shot. One kill!

Offline fillthefreezer

• Sourdough
  • @adventure_sd
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 10:34:32 PM »
😂😂😂

Offline callonetta

• Hunter
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33:01 AM »
When you hit Aguas Calientes go try a wood oven pizza at "Clave de Sol" and down a couple of Caipirinhas. In Cusco go to "Chezz Maggi" on Procuradores street on one side of the main plaza, order any pasta dishes and Sangria, good grub!
If you hit Arequipa in Peru or Cordoba, Neuquen, Santa Rosa in Argentina let me know, I can give you some pointers.
Try the deep fried Guinea Pig and Pisco Sour in Peru and roasted Nutria in Argentina if you can.
Enjoy your trip!!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 05:25:13 AM »
Looks like a good trip you do any fishing in the lakes while you were there?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 07:08:05 AM »
Looks like a good trip you do any fishing in the lakes while you were there?

The thought of fishing the Rio Palena in Chile makes me giddy.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Online SemperFidelis97

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »
I am really excited for you, and my wife wants to sneak into your luggage.  We are really looking foreword to the pictures, and stories from your adventure.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]