Advertisement

Poll

Wolf or Wolf Sign

Wolf seen
43 (33.3%)
Wolf sign
86 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: WHO SAW A WOLF OR WOLF SIGN THIS YEAR IN WA HUNTING  (Read 34634 times)

Offline highmuley

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: WHO SAW A WOLF OR WOLF SIGN THIS YEAR IN WA HUNTING
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2016, 05:29:54 PM »
Aaaaaannnddd.....two separate sets walking side by side about 2 miles from my house. That's 4 different sets I've seen in the last 2 weeks
Its the goin'.....Not the gettin'

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »
Are you hunting around for a shovel for Christmas??
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline highmuley

• Longhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2016, 06:18:48 PM »
Shovel??? For burying things?
Its the goin'.....Not the gettin'

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
Did you tip back a few brews with them?

No, since the elk left I had a couple shots of tequila and ate a elk tag...
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2016, 02:55:00 AM »
I had the gmu 247 late buck  archery tag about 7 years ago and I was up by where slide ride gmu and gmu 247 border and I saw what looked like wolf tracks in the snow.  R there "confirmed" wolf's in that area?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2016, 03:01:48 AM »
That's a cougar track

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:56 AM »
That's not a wolf track.  What  did the howling sound like

Online wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2016, 10:02:41 AM »
Hunted 5 different mountains in NE WA over the course of the regular muley season....hunting one mountain each day pretty hard shaking and moving putting on the miles just trying to find game, cut a track, or see any fresh sign...and hunted a few of them a couple times. ALL been good quality mountains to me over the last 22 years, seen lots of deer and killed many bucks, on all of them. Saw 3 does and 2 wolf kills on one of the mountains, and both wolf kills were nice bucks... a big heavy 3 pt and a 4 pt. No LIVE deer on the other 4 mountains except 2 nice 4 points and another nice 3 pt, also killed by wolves. I was in snow every day and put on about 8-11 miles on average each day and besides seeing those 3 does, only cut 2 tracks over all the other mountains...both big buck tracks. Followed the one track for about a mile after cutting it and went through all kinds of shin tangle and then started seeing a single wolf track in the buck track. That went on for about another mile, maybe more. I was fortunate enough to catch up to the buck, but unfortunately it too met a furry four legged fate right along a heavy timber line and old burn with lodgepole and reprod. Several different sets of wolf tracks all around it, looked like a sport kill. Looked like they tugged on a front leg some, the neck, and left it. 2 days later I went back to check it out, no fresh wolf tracks anywhere around it but a bear had been on it that morning. Like I said, sport kill. The other buck track I cut came up out of some seriously thick timber up and over the ridge and back down the other side in to some seriously thick timber. Looking at it's tracks in the snow it was moving pretty quickly, definitely not screwing around. Never seen anything like this before. Knew of more bucks killed by wolves than harvested by hunters..some of the most depressing *censored* I've ever seen. Saw 6 legal bucks and about 30 does in the first 2 days alone last year, saw 3 does all season this year.....pretty dang sad. And the fact that they appear to be targeting bucks makes it even more depressing. I'm still losing sleep over it. And we have 4 new confirmed packs in the eastern 1/3 of WA just this year?? To add to the 12 confirmed packs already in the eastern 1/3?? With 14 of those in NE WA?? (That's the last I read where it was at)
It's time to collect them ALL and bring All of them to King and Pierce counties....if they want them so bad, by all means....take em. WA state is going to be a draw only state for Mule deer in no time at this rate...pretty piss poor job of game "management." Washington Department of no-Fish and no-Game is where they appear to be heading. As you can tell I am still quite bitter about the whole situation.

:yeah:   During Archery season I either saw wolf sign and/or heard wolves howling every.  single.  day.  WDFW has its head so far down in the sand...   :bash:  Also have bears and cats on every stinking game camera I have.  Have 8 different bears on one mule-deer cam.  Of course no OTC spring bear hunting either!  The calves / fawns the bears miss in the spring are taken out by the wolves and cats.  Pretty soon most hunting will be special draw only.  Lining WDFW's pockets and destroying hunting opportunities.  Both of which seem to be their express purpose based on their "Management".   :bash:

This is the truth.
Eventually the animals will strike a balance.
Man isn't as smart as nature.
It will take about 15 years.

Wolves balance the ecosystem, make Aspen grow and beavers flourish…..

Online wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2016, 10:27:24 AM »
We saw two wolves below Elbow Coulee yesterday, a black and grey.

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »
Hunted 5 different mountains in NE WA over the course of the regular muley season....hunting one mountain each day pretty hard shaking and moving putting on the miles just trying to find game, cut a track, or see any fresh sign...and hunted a few of them a couple times. ALL been good quality mountains to me over the last 22 years, seen lots of deer and killed many bucks, on all of them. Saw 3 does and 2 wolf kills on one of the mountains, and both wolf kills were nice bucks... a big heavy 3 pt and a 4 pt. No LIVE deer on the other 4 mountains except 2 nice 4 points and another nice 3 pt, also killed by wolves. I was in snow every day and put on about 8-11 miles on average each day and besides seeing those 3 does, only cut 2 tracks over all the other mountains...both big buck tracks. Followed the one track for about a mile after cutting it and went through all kinds of shin tangle and then started seeing a single wolf track in the buck track. That went on for about another mile, maybe more. I was fortunate enough to catch up to the buck, but unfortunately it too met a furry four legged fate right along a heavy timber line and old burn with lodgepole and reprod. Several different sets of wolf tracks all around it, looked like a sport kill. Looked like they tugged on a front leg some, the neck, and left it. 2 days later I went back to check it out, no fresh wolf tracks anywhere around it but a bear had been on it that morning. Like I said, sport kill. The other buck track I cut came up out of some seriously thick timber up and over the ridge and back down the other side in to some seriously thick timber. Looking at it's tracks in the snow it was moving pretty quickly, definitely not screwing around. Never seen anything like this before. Knew of more bucks killed by wolves than harvested by hunters..some of the most depressing *censored* I've ever seen. Saw 6 legal bucks and about 30 does in the first 2 days alone last year, saw 3 does all season this year.....pretty dang sad. And the fact that they appear to be targeting bucks makes it even more depressing. I'm still losing sleep over it. And we have 4 new confirmed packs in the eastern 1/3 of WA just this year?? To add to the 12 confirmed packs already in the eastern 1/3?? With 14 of those in NE WA?? (That's the last I read where it was at)
It's time to collect them ALL and bring All of them to King and Pierce counties....if they want them so bad, by all means....take em. WA state is going to be a draw only state for Mule deer in no time at this rate...pretty piss poor job of game "management." Washington Department of no-Fish and no-Game is where they appear to be heading. As you can tell I am still quite bitter about the whole situation.

:yeah:   During Archery season I either saw wolf sign and/or heard wolves howling every.  single.  day.  WDFW has its head so far down in the sand...   :bash:  Also have bears and cats on every stinking game camera I have.  Have 8 different bears on one mule-deer cam.  Of course no OTC spring bear hunting either!  The calves / fawns the bears miss in the spring are taken out by the wolves and cats.  Pretty soon most hunting will be special draw only.  Lining WDFW's pockets and destroying hunting opportunities.  Both of which seem to be their express purpose based on their "Management".   :bash:

This is the truth.
Eventually the animals will strike a balance.
Man isn't as smart as nature.
It will take about 15 years.

Wolves balance the ecosystem, make Aspen grow and beavers flourish…..

Why yes Two Dogs.

Offline JJJ

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »
My son in law had a wolf run across the road just past the "Y" in Tampico today on the way to go snowmobiling ....very large, gray and white....  seems they have followed what elk are left down very low... go figure....

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2016, 01:24:33 AM »
many in Spokane  have no clue there is 7 wolves living 15 min from the Spokane valley. WDFW been out there since the spring with radio tracking equipment. They wont recognize the pack

Offline simondude

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2016, 02:15:14 AM »
My buddy had 5 black ones come right to the tree that his treestand was in this year. He got a few pictures and a video of them.

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »
My son in law had a wolf run across the road just past the "Y" in Tampico today on the way to go snowmobiling ....very large, gray and white....  seems they have followed what elk are left down very low... go figure....

Defiantly a full pack running I  cowiche

Offline DJ_Mack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2017, 05:54:24 PM »

Saw these today over by tiger mountain today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]