collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Rabbits in Stillwater or Cherry Valley?  (Read 1922 times)

Offline simpleperson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Rabbits in Stillwater or Cherry Valley?
« on: October 29, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »
The hunting bug has bit me! This being my first year and having such an exciting success with deer, I'm anxious to get out there and do some more!

I'm on the west side, near Seattle. I very seldom see rabbits around here, but some research has shown that perhaps these two wildlife areas might have rabbit. Since I've got a couple of days off this week, I'm thinking about looking for a spot to shoot a few, and add some more meat to my freezer. I've read a few threads that say rabbits are "everywhere this year" -- any chance that I'll see some at Stillwater or Cherry Valley?

If not, what sort of terrain is favorable? What sort of area should I be scouting for?

Thanks!

Offline Tiger1358

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
Re: Rabbits in Stillwater or Cherry Valley?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:10:48 PM »
The hunting bug has bit me! This being my first year and having such an exciting success with deer, I'm anxious to get out there and do some more!

I'm on the west side, near Seattle. I very seldom see rabbits around here, but some research has shown that perhaps these two wildlife areas might have rabbit. Since I've got a couple of days off this week, I'm thinking about looking for a spot to shoot a few, and add some more meat to my freezer. I've read a few threads that say rabbits are "everywhere this year" -- any chance that I'll see some at Stillwater or Cherry Valley?

If not, what sort of terrain is favorable? What sort of area should I be scouting for?

Thanks!

Have hunted both places for a few years and never saw a rabbit there. This doesn't mean there's no rabbit there, but the chances are very little that you might encounter one. I know a few spots where you might find rabbits just don't know how far you're willing to drive

Offline simpleperson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:56:57 AM »

Thanks!

Have hunted both places for a few years and never saw a rabbit there. This doesn't mean there's no rabbit there, but the chances are very little that you might encounter one. I know a few spots where you might find rabbits just don't know how far you're willing to drive

Thanks a lot. I'll PM you.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
Cherry Valley is pretty much a giant lake at the moment. I imagine Stillwater is not too far behind. I'd look elsewhere were it me. Lack of rabbits plus a ton of water would make for better duck hunting than rabbit hunting.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal