collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shillapoo Wildlife Area  (Read 2701 times)

Offline justsomedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Shillapoo Wildlife Area
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:48:27 AM »
I was looking for some general advice on Shillapoo Wildlife Area.  I am not from the area, but do to a family illness I will probably be down there quite a bit this year. 

Is it mainly a waterfowl area?  Looking at an online map it looks like the place to be for pheasant release would be the north side.  Thanks.

-B

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Shillapoo Wildlife Area
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 11:53:31 AM »
I believe west side pheasant is almost over if not already. If you're an unsuccessful archer so far, there are a few bucks hanging out there. The are also quite a few coyotes if you have a call but stay away from the goose hunters if you do. Most of the hunting is goose and ducks and if you want to do that, you have to show up a 3 AM to get in line - it's a freak show. Sometimes people access the cornfields from the Vancouver Lake side. Depending on the water level, it's an easier hike. You should go see the layout during the day to form a strategy. Marking your route on a GPS is primo. Good luck
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 11:54:44 AM »
Oh also, bow and shotgun only with steel for all shooting.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline justsomedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »
Thanks!  I never even thought about bow hunting out there, but culling a few coyotes would be a great idea.

Agreed on doing a daytime scouting trip.  Thanks again.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal