collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elk poaching slaughter, Ellensburg.  (Read 34123 times)

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Elk poaching slaughter, Ellensburg.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 08:24:02 AM »
Hypothetical
What would the punishment be if this was natives?

Really... :bash:

Yes really but not in a stirring the pot kind of response... we know from the article what the punishment is for anyone other than natives but do some tribes have wasting type laws or anything comparable, that is all I meant.  White, Brown, Black or Green this is an indefensible act!!!   

u took it the wrong way  :yike:

I didn't take it the wrong way. I read it just the way it was posted. Had you meant it another way then you should have elaborated a little more on the question. And yes, we down here have similar laws.

Yep hyper sensitive but I get it... I guess I could have elaborated from the beginning cause I am curious since there are so many protected special classes of people that live within the borders of the US but aren't required to follow the same rules, that's all   :tup:

Online C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 08:47:09 AM »
We heard of a similar situation/story happening at the bottom end of Park Creek.
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
Lets focus on trying to catch these thieves vs hypothetical scenarios of what may play out IF a certain group of people had done this.....
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline scottr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 09:19:48 AM »
Lets focus on trying to catch these thieves vs hypothetical scenarios of what may play out IF a certain group of people had done this.....

:yeah:

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 09:31:58 AM »
Has anyone sent anything to be posted on the CWU website ?
I checked and found nothing mentioned about it.
just FYI

absolutely sucks that happened, dang
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 11:10:51 AM »
WTF is wrong with people!😡 I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone (environmentalist)trying to make hunters look bad.
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 11:23:05 AM »
Quick question:
Has anyone determined if this is a legitimate story?  I've searched for stories on this and the only sources online are forums/blogs and facebook.  I've not yet seen a legitimate news agency report on this. 

DICSLAIMER!!!
I have no idea about nwsportsmansmag and can't seem to get on to the website, but I'd expect there to be bigger news outlets covering this story, especially if it was done by liberals that are trying to paint hunters in a bad light.  It may be a legit news agency, but I don't know much about it.  My point here is that I'd expect a news agency like King5 or at least the Ellensburg Record to have a report on this.  I didn't find any, but I didn't search too hard.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 11:30:54 AM »
Quick question:
Has anyone determined if this is a legitimate story?  I've searched for stories on this and the only sources online are forums/blogs and facebook.  I've not yet seen a legitimate news agency report on this. 

DICSLAIMER!!!
I have no idea about nwsportsmansmag and can't seem to get on to the website, but I'd expect there to be bigger news outlets covering this story, especially if it was done by liberals that are trying to paint hunters in a bad light.  It may be a legit news agency, but I don't know much about it.  My point here is that I'd expect a news agency like King5 or at least the Ellensburg Record to have a report on this.  I didn't find any, but I didn't search too hard.
A quick google search comes up with the first three hits being about "Bullwinkle" then the NWsportsmansmag article about this incident.  Interesting.  My wifes friend said that they came across a poached cow in the colockum on Sunday, I will see if it was in Schnebly canyon or not.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
Quick question:

DICSLAIMER!!!
A quick google search comes up with the first three hits being about "Bullwinkle" then the NWsportsmansmag article about this incident.  Interesting.  My wifes friend said that they came across a poached cow in the colockum on Sunday, I will see if it was in Schnebly canyon or not.

I found the same results Rainier.  The NWSportsmans link that doesn't work for me, and a lot of links about Bullwinkle.  There is a Rokslide and a facebook links as well, but I suspect those are linking to the same NWSportsmans (phantom?) post. 

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2016, 11:45:26 AM »
All I saw was a protest in ellensburg.  Protesting the KKK.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
I did see an excerpt from the article which said the incident happened on November 6th.  Nine days is a long time go go without any media attention. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
This link works for me.

http://nwsportsmanmag.com/editors-blog/herd-of-elk-shot-up-near-ellensburg-tips-needed/

I believe we'll hear from the man behind NW Sportsman magazine  here pretty directly. Stand by.

Here's the link to their main website, which also works fine.
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »
Quick question:

DICSLAIMER!!!

It's a legit, popular magazine sold at stores all over the area. Also comes in the mail if you have a subscription. I believe it was the folks who had the Hunting and Fishing news when that magazine folded that started up NW Sportsman magazine. Andy will probably be able to clarify more accurately.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2016, 12:25:53 PM »
I'll check Snopes.  ;)
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline CGDucksandDeer

• Tracker
  • Groups: cgducksanddeer
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2016, 12:28:28 PM »
It's legit. Note the reports from WDFW Enforcement Officer Roman Varyvoda in the NWS blog post. KIRO News and The Ellensburg Record are also working on stories, but I haven't seen those published online yet. Both were interviewing the Department, so we may learn more when they come out.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:47:24 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]