collapse
Double U Hunting Supply Order Jason Phelps Calls Here

Author Topic: ‘Bullwinkle’ elk poaching case postponed again  (Read 7708 times)

Online Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: ‘Bullwinkle’ elk poaching case postponed again
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »
What exactly is the issue people have with delaying the trial? If it's just because they don't like him throwing his money around let me be the first to say I would love to be able to throw line around and would use any avenue I could to get out of a conviction especially if I felt I was innocent.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• Best Biggie Blogger
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • DAN-O CAN'T TAKE BIGGIE PICS
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »
What exactly is the issue people have with delaying the trial? If it's just because they don't like him throwing his money around let me be the first to say I would love to be able to throw line around and would use any avenue I could to get out of a conviction especially if I felt I was innocent.

That's just it, he knows he's not innocent so he keeps kicking the can down the road either to keep hunting, or wear down the prosecution to dismiss, or some deal where he loses nothing. The money is not the problem it's just a symptom.  :twocents:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.

Keep Calm And Duc On!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
Based on his previous history and the facts in this case, many consider him guilty and able to avoid consequences for his guilt with resources most wouldn't have.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Online Jpmiller

• Scout
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2017, 05:28:16 PM »
I don't know his guilt but assuming he is guilty I am still irritated at the system not TR. If the system is asking criminals to be honorable and not take advantage of its "loopholes" then I would say that's a pretty dumb system.

I will admit to not knowing what the precursor to being granted an extension is but if the system says you can get them and it helps your case then get them. Why would a criminal or an innocent man not take every advantage he can get?

Offline dreamunelk

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 05:35:51 PM »

Innocence is based on the entitlement that he feels comes with money?
That is the problem.

Offline rtspring

• Old Salt
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »

Jealousy!  Dont let them try to bs ya..
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Online Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Off-Topics
  • Hunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »

Jealousy!  Dont let them try to bs ya..

:yeah:

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »
I've had public defense cases that go much longer and delayed for additional motions.  You don't need money to do it.  Anyone can file motions.  It's not the system.  Ultimately the judge can force it to go forward or not.  The judge can force him to not hunt in the interim if he wants.  It's not the system, just the judge making decisions he feels is appropriate.  If you don't like how the judge is doing things, they have elections that can change that.  There is no secret to filing a motion and arguing them.  You guys sell your white privilege and money story all you want but you sound like a bunch of whining liberals.  There is no benefit in him delaying this other than he gets his motions heard before the trial.   He is trying to get the charge dismissed.  Not sure why you are mad he is holding the prosecutor to their standard under our Constitution because you perceive him as guilty.  If public perception thought he was not guilty then it would be ok?  Just chill and there will be an outcome one way or another eventually.

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2017, 06:11:12 PM »
I saw Bullwinkle' s cape getting salted last week..... grin

Must be petty sure it's gonna get mounted???
Tod Riechert fan club.

Online JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »
I've had public defense cases that go much longer and delayed for additional motions.  You don't need money to do it.  Anyone can file motions.  It's not the system.  Ultimately the judge can force it to go forward or not.  The judge can force him to not hunt in the interim if he wants.  It's not the system, just the judge making decisions he feels is appropriate.  If you don't like how the judge is doing things, they have elections that can change that.  There is no secret to filing a motion and arguing them.  You guys sell your white privilege and money story all you want but you sound like a bunch of whining liberals.  There is no benefit in him delaying this other than he gets his motions heard before the trial.   He is trying to get the charge dismissed.  Not sure why you are mad he is holding the prosecutor to their standard under our Constitution because you perceive him as guilty.  If public perception thought he was not guilty then it would be ok?  Just chill and there will be an outcome one way or another eventually.

Patience is hard but I'm willing to wait this out to see the outcome! But I do question him being able to keep on hunting and fishing? I know innocent until proven guilty but he seems to get special privileges that the blue collar boys don't  :bash:

Online Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Off-Topics
  • Hunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »

Gets mounted or not. Still gotta preserve the cape no matter what the out come is. Yea. You can stick in freezer and hope it don't get freezer burnt and hair slips. Then he gets found innocent. That's not gonna look good for the taxidermy shop.  :dunno:

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »
I don't know his guilt but assuming he is guilty I am still irritated at the system not TR. If the system is asking criminals to be honorable and not take advantage of its "loopholes" then I would say that's a pretty dumb system.

Are you seriously unsure of the rules or is this a attempt at spinning the issue into a different discussion? :dunno:

There is no disputing the FACT that he killed a bull in a unit closed to ANYONE hunting branched antler bulls, there are no "loopholes".
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Online Jpmiller

• Scout
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »

Are you seriously unsure of the rules or is this a attempt at spinning the issue into a different discussion? :dunno:

There is no disputing the FACT that he killed a bull in a unit closed to ANYONE hunting branched antler bulls, there are no "loopholes".

I wasn't referring to any loophole in the no branch antlered bulls rule I was just referring to the continually delaying issue. It seems this is not uncommon but people seem to indicate it's a ploy to get him off the hook. I don't know one way or another if that helps or not I am just saying guilty or no why would anyone not use any advantage they can get?

Online M_ray

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 09:13:17 PM »

Says the guy that swore he wouldn't even be charged!  :chuckle:

Were you one that said you would donate to the youth turkey fund if he was charged?  :dunno: Dust the salt off that checkbook!  :chuckle:

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2017, 09:22:45 PM »
He might have to work overtime stacking cedar fence posts. :chuckle:

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2017, 10:32:12 PM »

I wasn't referring to any loophole in the no branch antlered bulls rule I was just referring to the continually delaying issue. It seems this is not uncommon but people seem to indicate it's a ploy to get him off the hook. I don't know one way or another if that helps or not I am just saying guilty or no why would anyone not use any advantage they can get?

Agreed. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Gringo31

• Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2017, 07:29:37 AM »
tag
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2017, 07:32:23 AM »

Were you one that said you would donate to the youth turkey fund if he was charged?  :dunno: Dust the salt off that checkbook!  :chuckle:

Naw, it was a conviction, which he won't be convicted.... someone else will be writing a check though.... haha
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2017, 07:04:09 AM »

Patience is hard but I'm willing to wait this out to see the outcome! But I do question him being able to keep on hunting and fishing? I know innocent until proven guilty but he seems to get special privileges that the blue collar boys don't  :bash:

Yes, this is unusual.  At first he did have the condition to not hunt which is rather standard in 90% of the cases.  I've had many blue collar clients get this same condition lifted or not imposed so it's not a money thing.  Reichert's attorney filed a motion to reconsider that and that condition of release was struck from the pretrial conditions.  I'm not sure the argument made but this judge has continually denied Reichert's motions but granted this one.  Must be some merit to it but we were not there and don't know the facts so it's hard for anyone to criticize the judge for this decision without more.

Online Jpmiller

• Scout
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2017, 07:12:06 AM »

Yes, this is unusual.  At first he did have the condition to not hunt which is rather standard in 90% of the cases.  I've had many blue collar clients get this same condition lifted or not imposed so it's not a money thing.  Reichert's attorney filed a motion to reconsider that and that condition of release was struck from the pretrial conditions.  I'm not sure the argument made but this judge has continually denied Reichert's motions but granted this one.  Must be some merit to it but we were not there and don't know the facts so it's hard for anyone to criticize the judge for this decision without more.

I don't know why but I've been sucked into this case. I really appreciate the knowledge shared by those who have it on how this all actually works with the court system.

Online JimmyHoffa

• Off-Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »

Since hunting privileges were restored while charged, but not tried for TR; does his case become one that can be used to influence future judge's decisions for future alleged poachers?  Example:  If Joe goes before the judge and the judge takes his hunting privileges, can Joe's lawyer say his prosecutor's case is weaker than TR's so the judge needs to restore Joe's hunting?  Like a new baseline?

Online M_ray

• Off-Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »

Naw, it was a conviction, which he won't be convicted.... someone else will be writing a check though.... haha

Sorry but you said on more than one occasion that...

"there is now way he is even getting charged"!

You have a convenient excuse now that those threads have been deleted ???  :rolleyes:
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Sourdough
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
Keep whining, if he gets convicted of poaching bullwinkle I will pay up, but will jd pay up if he doesn't??? Sounds like this is really bugging you little buddy??

PS while all the haters were crying and whining, sounds like Mr riechert had yet another stellar year.... who'da think it???
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline JDHasty

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »
Keep whining, if he gets convicted of poaching bullwinkle I will pay up, but will jd pay up if he doesn't??? Sounds like this is really bugging you little buddy??

PS while all the haters were crying and whining, sounds like Mr riechert had yet another stellar year.... who'da think it???

Pay up for what?  JD never made any bets.   

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Sourdough
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2017, 10:18:56 AM »
Oh yes you did!! $250 upon charges $250 for a guilty verdict...
Tod Riechert fan club.

ElkNut Outdoor Productions

* Recent Topics

Few pictures to share by rfhd69
[Today at 07:24:07 PM]

Ouchfoss 2016-17 Season by bear hunter
[Today at 07:19:48 PM]

Moose hunts? by Skyvalhunter
[Today at 07:19:37 PM]

I walked away! by Tjv28
[Today at 07:18:44 PM]

Looking to get some reels serviced by PLUVIUSWAPITI
[Today at 07:18:32 PM]

SB 5474 Would Create Year Round, Unlimited Season on Hoof Rot Elk by hoof rot
[Today at 07:10:51 PM]

Best ideas for new Vehicle by jackelope
[Today at 07:10:15 PM]

Re: Word Association Game by garrett89
[Today at 07:10:07 PM]

Wdfw new system by Luckyone
[Today at 07:09:02 PM]

Commercial Fishing by bowhunterforever
[Today at 07:03:15 PM]

Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6200 for sale by JamesK.
[Today at 07:02:09 PM]

WTS .44 Magnum by fzy
[Today at 07:01:33 PM]

PrAna stretch pants on sale by T-Dozzer
[Today at 07:00:01 PM]

Wyoming elk draw results by Mr Mykiss
[Today at 06:57:59 PM]

FS FL Fusion North Branch Pant XL by 92xj
[Today at 06:50:50 PM]

More wdfw system issues with licenses by Pinetar
[Today at 06:35:41 PM]

WTS S&W 629-6 .44mag $700 with ammo picture added by fareliz