collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sawtooth A&B  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Sawtooth A&B
« on: December 02, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »
Just spoke with IDFG, these tags they are not sure yet if they will be going on sale as a general tag. Might be moving them to a controlled hunt. This is going to be discussed at commission meeting in March and they will let out a news release on it. Not sure if this was posted yet or not

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
Re: Sawtooth A&B
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »
I heard they are doing this for a lot of the otc zones. Hope they dont mess with the zone i hunt.

Offline BUTTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »
This is interesting will be interesting how it turns out. I had a Sawtooth A tag last season. I wonder why they feel this tag should be a controlled hunt. Seems like it's more of a supply and demand issue. I am very interested in the kill reports for 2016, can't wait to see those.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:49:20 PM by BUTTER »

Offline lord grizzly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »
Pretty popular tag. Sold out this year in under an hour. 55 minutes if I remember right. If IDFG is thinking it needs to go draw you can rest assured it's for a good reason, there not like your game department over there  :chuckle: I  know just making it a capped tag helped that herd. They must be seeing  somthing that shows it needs more help.

Offline Chesapeake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 02:50:02 PM »
Lolo and Sawtooth were the zones they did their long term wolf impact on elk/moose study. They say they knocked down 21 wolves in the Lolo this year to help the game animals. The sawtooth looks to be right in the mix for high levels of sheep and cattle depredation.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/idaho-wolf-monitoring-progress-report-2015.pdf

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
Lolo and Sawtooth were the zones they did their long term wolf impact on elk/moose study. They say they knocked down 21 wolves in the Lolo this year to help the game animals. The sawtooth looks to be right in the mix for high levels of sheep and cattle depredation.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/sites/default/files/idaho-wolf-monitoring-progress-report-2015.pdf

I really love that unit 10. Country is awesome. Hunted with my cousin down there about 8-9 years ago and we ran into quite a few elk. I'm kind of nervous to buy a tag now though with the herd count being less than a 1,000 in the lolo herd. Idk I might just buy a tag and go for it see what happens but for the price of an out of state tag I want to hunt a good unit

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal