collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Not looking for anyone's honey hole............  (Read 9878 times)

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
Not looking for anyone's honey hole............
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »
It cracks me up when someone says "I am not looking for anyone's honey hole"..............but in reality they really are if you read their thread.  :chuckle:  They get told what road to go to and then go on to ask for more specifics.  Jeezus.    :o

:chuckle:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Not looking for anyone's honey hole............
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:53:53 AM »
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,204961.0.html

Hey! At least I was honest. Received some great help as well! :chuckle:
Just tend your own and live.

Offline jennabug

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
Some people, yes.  But not everyone on here is experienced enough to know what/how/when to ask too.  I started learning about hunting just last year, and it's been hard wading through the bad/good advice, inside jokes and jabs, to figure out what resources there are, where to get them, and how to use them.  It can be intimidating to new hunters that aren't used to how access land, what's legal and what's good etiquette. My first scouting, I was apprehensive about if I was actually allowed to be there, let alone walk around someone else's property with a weapon. ;)

Online Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:02:46 AM »
The really cool thing is that if you don't have any help to offer you can just ignore it.  :tup:
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline Elkrunner

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 11:04:34 AM »
Im not looking for your honey hole but I really need you to tell me where to go shoot an animal.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
I am looking for someone's honey hole they are willing to give up so I can shoot a trophy deer there please help....
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline headshot5

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »
I am looking for someone's honey hole they are willing to give up so I can shoot a trophy deer there please help....

Craigslist personal ads...  they'll hook you up just search for honey holes :tung:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »
It cracks me up when someone says "I am not looking for anyone's honey hole"..............but in reality they really are if you read their thread.  :chuckle:  They get told what road to go to and then go on to ask for more specifics.  Jeezus.    :o

:chuckle:

Almost every bloody time.   There are exceptions, but they are few and far between

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »
i was considering selling a book with locations on all my deer photos along with the photo.   I wonder what you guys would pay for it.   I know many would like free info

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 02:12:22 PM »

I often give high level information often, (not if it's a first post type situation).  However, the person still needs to get out there and do the work to find animals.  I have asked and people have also provided me high level information when asked, I try and follow via PM with an update. 

Last year I got some direction something like this "north end of the unit, the areas around XXX river and XXX road would be places to consider,  East side of the road is Weyco."

I used that direction last year, I did one road trip (3+hrs each way) and hunted two days.   I saw no animals, got rained hard, but not real wet, dryed gear in fleabag hotel over night.  This years I expanded that intel via computer scouting, asked about a different approach.  Went in from a different lo, saw number of cows and a bull.  I couldn't take a shot on the bull because a combo distance/weather, (muzzy).  But between my 4 days in the unit I have about 65-70 miles between bike and boot. 

So to say, late muzzy, with this snow, look at the xx and xx roads in Matheny isn't giving away much in my opinion.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 02:21:44 PM »
i was considering selling a book with locations on all my deer photos along with the photo.   I wonder what you guys would pay for it.   I know many would like free info

Im not payin nothin, i attached a tracking device onto your rig 2 years ago.  :tup:

Offline lewy

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • IBEW RMEF WSTA WCO NRA
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 02:27:13 PM »

Pm sent........  :chuckle: just kidding
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:09:46 PM by lewy »
Go hawks

Offline SniperDanWA

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, WFW
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »
I think it's a right of passage to learn an area and determine if it is a good place or not.  After 5 years in two different GMUs, I'm finally feeling confident that I will see animals, can connect, will succeed.  As to asking for help, I'll provide details to others that I've built a rapport with, know their situation or see as an opportunity to help.  I've connected with many on here in those circumstances and appreciate the interactions I've had with them.

For me, well, I guess I don't have any honey holes yet.  I'm still piecing together the map and getting dots in areas of great potential.

To those that helped me out, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You know my name and have my contact info.  I'm there to help you, when you need it.
"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as
impossible." - Vince Lombardi

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 06:25:35 PM »
Or when someone pm's you and were successful in that location. Took many pictures revealing where that location is, put it on the forum and Facebook pages for the whole world to see.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »
Or when someone pm's you and were successful in that location. Took many pictures revealing where that location is, put it on the forum and Facebook pages for the whole world to see.

Or takes their latest bff there, who then shows up with every Tom, Dick and Harry the following year.  That is another thing they specialize in. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal