collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: newbie needing help  (Read 2167 times)

Offline leef74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • new to hunting and looking to find help to learn
  • Groups: NRA
newbie needing help
« on: December 06, 2016, 09:46:50 PM »
Hey all,

so I posted this in the small game section also, but mostly I want to see about getting some help with hunting deer here in Western WA. So, I've gone hunting a few times, years ago but never got anything. My family use to hunt and fish when I was little but I never got to go with them, as I was too little they said. So once I got older they of course no longer went or not as often. So I never really had anyone around to teach me about hunting. I have guns and shoot fairly regularly and have gone camping and fishing some, though not in awhile. Anyways, I was wondering if there was anyone around here who might be willing to help me out and help me, take me hunting and basically teach me what all I need to know. I live in Olympia and am also out in Grays Harbor quite often. Am looking to hunt deer and also some small game too. Would like to keep and tan the hides of what I get. Reply or PM and let me know, and thanks in advance for all of your help.

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: newbie needing help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 11:16:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  I'd post this in the main forum page under the partners/hunt swaps section (or something along those lines).  The reader traffic on this deer hunting page is winding down post-season, so you may get more views in that section of the forum.   Also, while you're there, look at some of the other posts.  There were two or three other hunters from Oly area looking for partners in the last year.  Maybe you can team up with one of them. 

Good luck!
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline Smoke

• Hunter
  • Groups: Skouckum Archery
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
seasons about over.... I assume your talking archery (bout all thats open now)... I'm goin out in Capital forest tomorrow morning... your welcome to tag along if ya want... know ya will see sign.. tracks.. ect.. won't guarantee you'll see anything walking tho...

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 04:07:31 PM »
seasons about over.... I assume your talking archery (bout all thats open now)... I'm goin out in Capital forest tomorrow morning... your welcome to tag along if ya want... know ya will see sign.. tracks.. ect.. won't guarantee you'll see anything walking tho...
Solid offer right there, if nothing else you will learn the area a little.  Nice offer Smoke. :tup:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:51:19 AM »
Well jeeeeze !!  Ill go along when is the choopah arrive time ill need time to prepair a couple p.b.j.'s to take along . If hes new at least try to get him to learn bow hunting that will increase his chances of surviveing the learning curve !!
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline Smoke

• Hunter
  • Groups: Skouckum Archery
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 05:35:46 AM »
i'm leaving out in about 30 min... but your 5 hours away in spokane... don't think you;ll make it

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 01:36:13 AM »
Again with the ,,  ""  get to the choppah ""  NOW !!
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline leef74

• Pilgrim
  • new to hunting and looking to find help to learn
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
damn wish I hadn't been soo busy working this week, I'd have loved to have gone with you. I'm into rifle hunting and I know the season isn't time to really go now, but I wanted to get a start on it now, and be ready for next year and am also looking at hunting  more than just deer, small game etc would also be nice to try so that's why I posted it now.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]