collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First pheasant with my new 20ga  (Read 6665 times)

Offline John B

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Master Hunter, NRA, DU
Re: First pheasant with my new 20ga
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »
German on the left and Spanish Ugi on the right. Very well made Spanish guns with English configurations can be acquired for under 2k easily.  Single trigger guns definitely a bit faster, IMHO.

I think my next shotgun will have to be a 16ga to round off the collection. I have all the other gauges, excluding oddballs. I was thinking LC Smith, but maybe I should do my research and see if I can find a less popular make for less that I wouldn't be afraid to take in the field. I gave myself the $2k limit because if I spend anymore than that I probably won't hunt with it, and then what's the point?

Offline joe_dumy

• Hunter
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »
Auctions are the way to go especially with a 2k budget. And 16ga has its fans and not so some will go high and some low. You just have to be patient and a GREAT deal will pop up. A gun worth 4 times its cost and something you will carry since you paid a low cost. I have worn offor the coin finish and some of the checkering  and got some rust spots on a 7k gun I paid 1k for and I love it. I don't think I would love it so much in the safe in mint condition. Can't wait to see it 20 years from now and all the honest wear.

Offline T-Bone

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »
German on the left and Spanish Ugi on the right. Very well made Spanish guns with English configurations can be acquired for under 2k easily.  Single trigger guns definitely a bit faster, IMHO.

I think my next shotgun will have to be a 16ga to round off the collection. I have all the other gauges, excluding oddballs. I was thinking LC Smith, but maybe I should do my research and see if I can find a less popular make for less that I wouldn't be afraid to take in the field. I gave myself the $2k limit because if I spend anymore than that I probably won't hunt with it, and then what's the point?

A very nice 16 Ga. here (if still available):http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19671
" America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

Offline John B

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Master Hunter, NRA, DU
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
That's a nice one T-Bone. I'm not in the market right now, just bought a new gun last week.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal