collapse
Sound like the real thing! Trophy Bucks and Bulls

Author Topic: Have you been ripped off by Shane Barbour?  (Read 19356 times)

Offline logger

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Have you been ripped off by Shane Barbour?
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
day after muzzloader early season if i remember correctly
go ahead on er.

Offline Oh Mah

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2016, 07:16:27 PM »
that sucks,is LEO involved?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline logger

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
yep, caught red handed,
go ahead on er.

Offline jackmaster

• Virtual Campfire
  • Old Salt
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
Posts like this one  :yeah: make me feel like im watching a peta commercial about the circus animal cruelty.Another user group against user group thread.Sounds like haters b hating again.Yep us hunters are coming together now.  :bash:
to bad dude.. don't like it don't read it.. I have ALOT mire respect for animals than I do about oh let's say 99.99% of ALL humans !!!
I DONT KNOW YOU PROBABLY A GOOD THING,THAT BEING SAID I WONDER HOW PEOPLE THINK OF YOU.MAYBE WE SHOULD START A THREAD.

LIKE HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF JACKMASTER HAS ANY FRIENDS.LOL ABOUT THE SAME AS THIS THREAD ISNT IT?
:tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline JJB11B

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2017, 02:17:36 PM »
any updates on this?
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline Old Man Yager

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
Posts like this one  :yeah: make me feel like im watching a peta commercial about the circus animal cruelty.Another user group against user group thread.Sounds like haters b hating again.Yep us hunters are coming together now.  :bash:
to bad dude.. don't like it don't read it.. I have ALOT mire respect for animals than I do about oh let's say 99.99% of ALL humans !!!
I DONT KNOW YOU PROBABLY A GOOD THING,THAT BEING SAID I WONDER HOW PEOPLE THINK OF YOU.MAYBE WE SHOULD START A THREAD.

LIKE HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF JACKMASTER HAS ANY FRIENDS.LOL ABOUT THE SAME AS THIS THREAD ISNT IT?
Yes, believe it or not, Jackmaster has some friends! He's a good man and a good friend, go easy on him. And he does know a lot of info on the Elk in that area, he's lived out there watching them Elk for 20 years.
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline jackmaster

• Virtual Campfire
  • Old Salt
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »

Yes, believe it or not, Jackmaster has some friends! He's a good man and a good friend, go easy on him. And he does know a lot of info on the Elk in that area, he's lived out there watching them Elk for 20 years.
yeah what rob said  :chuckle: thanks rob  :tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Junk Man

• Pilgrim
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2017, 07:10:09 AM »
I've been recommended by someone for a hunt with Shane Barbour. With that said, I've tried to weed through the posts here and find fact vs fiction. I would appreciate  if people here could post factual info to help me make a decision on what I should do, as if you're in a court of law. I've been through a hunt that the outfitter screwed us over and it just ruins everything. I dont want that to happen again. I did a Google search and it brought me here, so I hope I can count on you to help me with this decision. Thank you and good luck out there!

Offline trophyhunt

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2017, 07:21:14 AM »
This will be interesting, from what I've read I'd spend my money elsewhere. Unless you just want to kill a bull over apples in a farmers field, not saying that there is anything illegal or ethically wrong with that.  If that works for you that's fine, but I think he charges too much.

Offline highside74

• Off-Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »
I saw him and Jim Burnworth at Tacoma Sportsmans Club last Thursday. They were with a disabled vet I believe getting ready for archery hunt he was shooting his crossbow from his tracked wheelchair. Not a fan of burnworth coming out here and shooting  local elk for a show but if they're going to do a disabled vet hunt I thought that was cool.

As far as hunting these local kapowsin Eatonville out goes... They're either there or they're not unless you have lots of property connected you could end up paying $2,500 to get stuck on a 20-acre parcel with elk won't be back there for a week or you end up driving around and shown elk standing in field that you're not allowed to hunt and then it gets iffy on whether or not you guys can figure something out or way to get on those elk and that's where it gets kind of gray area dicy and he ends up getting a bad reputation.

You can rent one of his old fields that the guy that owns the field won't let him hunt in anymore for $2,000 for the whole season either Muzzleloader or rifle and $1,000 for each additional person after that so two guys for three grand guaranteed elk in the rifle season. Shouldn't be a problem during Muzzleloader season either

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Legend
  • Groups: WSB RMGA NRA RMEF BHA
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »
I saw him and Jim Burnworth at Tacoma Sportsmans Club last Thursday. They were with a disabled vet I believe getting ready for archery hunt he was shooting his crossbow from his tracked wheelchair. Not a fan of burnworth coming out here and shooting  local elk for a show but if they're going to do a disabled vet hunt I thought that was cool.

As far as hunting these local kapowsin Eatonville out goes... They're either there or they're not unless you have lots of property connected you could end up paying $2,500 to get stuck on a 20-acre parcel with elk won't be back there for a week or you end up driving around and shown elk standing in field that you're not allowed to hunt and then it gets iffy on whether or not you guys can figure something out or way to get on those elk and that's where it gets kind of gray area dicy and he ends up getting a bad reputation.

You can rent one of his old fields that the guy that owns the field won't let him hunt in anymore for $2,000 for the whole season either Muzzleloader or rifle and $1,000 for each additional person after that so two guys for three grand guaranteed elk in the rifle season. Shouldn't be a problem during Muzzleloader season either

I was at the Fallen Outdoors banquet a month or so ago. I heard Josh's story. As much as I don't like Barbour from what I've read on here, I have to give the guy a lot of credit. He gave away a bunch of guided hunts to raise money for TFO and then took Josh on this hunt. He deserves a high 5 for that.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
If you've read the past posts, I don't think you'll find any more enlightening info.  Take it for what it is.  There may be truth behind many stories and there may be exaggeration.  It's your call on your own risk vs. reward scale of opportunity.

Welcome to the site!  :tup:
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Junk Man

• Pilgrim
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2017, 09:16:37 AM »
Thanks fellas! I've been on one bad hunt where I pressed charges and filed complaints with F&G. The NM outfitter lost his license to guide and I found out others had filed complaints also. Just a dam shame people out there want to take advantage of others in illegal, immoral ways.  :bash:

Online HookedOnQuack

• Virtual Campfire
  • Hunter
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2017, 06:12:51 PM »

I was there also on Thursday when they first showed up, acted like they owned the place. My boss actually has that field rented out for archery and hasnt seen an elk in the field yet!

Offline huntnfmly

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »
How big is that field? And how do you get a hold the guy to rent it?
I'm your dam tour guide arty...
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline floatinghat

• Longhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2017, 06:38:46 AM »

I talked to Shane when I got into muzzy about 7-8 years ago.  He seemed like a good guy I just didn't want to hunt that way.  I want to be more active than sitting in a blind over bait.  

ElkNut Outdoor Productions

* Recent Topics

Is it too late in the season? by Cervid
[Today at 03:39:26 PM]

What Type of Grouse is This? by Hilltop123
[Today at 03:38:52 PM]

30"? by Kazekurt
[Today at 03:37:05 PM]

Wilson's Snipe: New Hunter initiation Success! by Pegasus
[Today at 03:32:17 PM]

Tips for late season archery elk on the West side? by Mudman
[Today at 03:30:40 PM]

Elkfever's Peaches Ridge Hunt by Igottanewknee
[Today at 03:26:39 PM]

Great Idaho Bucks by walleye1
[Today at 03:26:29 PM]

Stihl MS461 by fillthefreezer
[Today at 03:25:05 PM]

Found**** hunting rifle by archer0135
[Today at 03:24:26 PM]

Idaho wolves by lewy
[Today at 03:23:54 PM]

I failed as a uncle/mentor by cavemann
[Today at 03:11:36 PM]

660 Minot Peak changes. by Sitka_Blacktail
[Today at 03:06:34 PM]

Need some blacktail advice and motivation by tgomez
[Today at 03:05:46 PM]

2017 Deer, post them here (photos & stats) by Pinetar
[Today at 03:03:49 PM]

M77 hawkeye stainless synthetic 25-.06 by teanawayslayer
[Today at 02:57:37 PM]

Old Cars, Farm Equipement, Buildings etc by kellama2001
[Today at 02:48:48 PM]

Whitetail doe suggestions for my two kids in area 1010, 145 or 149. by BassHunter
[Today at 02:46:22 PM]

2017 Elk, post them here (photos & stats) by Southpole
[Today at 02:36:34 PM]

Texture by kellama2001
[Today at 02:33:43 PM]

Entiat - Slide Ridge, few deer and hunters by cougforester
[Today at 02:27:44 PM]