collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Remembering members we lost this year  (Read 14059 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Remembering members we lost this year
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2016, 10:16:07 PM »
Good new rule Dale!  I totally get why BH got banned but there are a few who went out of their way to push his and others buttons.  I think it's still a fairly reoccurring cut and past still :peep:
:yeah:
and also  :yeah: to what Dave month posted

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2016, 11:27:57 PM »
Regarding biggerhammer:
I bought good items from hammer, I have asked hammer questions and was given good information that helped, and I miss reading hammer's informative posts. I didn't want to see hammer perma banned but he repeatedly violated the rules even after being warned of the consequences. Only one person is responsible for hammer getting banned, that person was hammer himself. We've allowed members who had been perma banned back on the forum and it has worked out, hammer is welcome to give it another shot if he wishes, it's up to him?

Regarding sharkbait:
Sharkbait was warned, he broke rules anyway so he was banned. His ban will expire and he is welcome back, but if he returns and breaks the rules again the next ban will be longer, that's how the rules work. He himself is in complete control of his presence on this forum.

Regarding Instigators:
This has been discussed at length by the moderator team. I have decided that anyone who clearly "in the opinion of the moderator team" purposefully makes instigating comments that directly result in the banning of another member, the instigator will also be banned. This is a new rule so we won't go back in time and hand out bans, that wouldn't be fair, but from this day forward this rule will be enforced!

off with the moderator hat...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

well with  this new rule some on here wont be able to post at all  :chuckle:

Offline yorketransport

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2017, 12:22:33 AM »
As far as the OP and the reasons for the start of this thread, I highly doubt it's actually a thread to fondly remember those who got themselves banned.  It is clearly an attempt to have folks self publicize an argument to get his buddies back on the forum.  Just title the post what it is.

If you carefully read all of my posts the real motive is in there; don't try to over think it. Sometimes the funniest jokes are the ones that nobody gets. This is probly why I don't have more friends. :chuckle:

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
Jingles was one I miss he either got a permanent ban or voluntarily, but he took no crap.
haven't heard from him in a long time though he was one I got to email personally on here.
Funny wolfbaits name got tossed around on here lol. Not sure I should be miffed of glad mine wasn't But happy New year anyhow.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
In our moderators board

I bet there's some good reading on that entire forum :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »
The longer the time out, the more creative one gets...

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2017, 10:16:55 AM »
The longer the time out, the more creative one gets...

:chuckle:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »
Dang! I didn't know sharkbait was gone now too!

Sharkbait and hammer were some of the posters I looked forward to reading their posts...
:yeah:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »
I was banned for eight weeks this year for being not so sensitive to one of the more ultra sensitive members in this forum.  I will say the suspension has forever changed my life.

I would have thought it was wiser for higunner to let this matter be forgotten, why keep airing dirty laundry? Since higunner chooses to bring this back up as if he was somehow unfairly treated, or that there was over reaction to his actions, I would remind him that the buyer whom he made the sale of damaged goods to may not feel the same way, so I will set the record straight! These quotes are direct from his ban notes:

REASON:
Made a bad sale to ******, did not disclose amount of damage to scope, would not make good on the deal, then later made irritating comments to ******

NOTES:
This first ban is for 60 days due to the severity of the issue. Another bad sale and failure to make right will result in a lifetime ban.

This was one of the issues that prompted the implementation of the TRADE COUNT ratings system "SMF Trader System"!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2017, 11:36:52 AM »
I'm personally feel that the apparent self imposed absence of Platt is a bigger loss than the others that have been banned. 
Where is Platt these days???

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1