collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Where to get landjager made  (Read 12231 times)

Offline krapmit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Where to get landjager made
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 11:32:08 AM »
Bavarian Meats Landjager is the best stuff ever...It's something about the "snap" and texture of that stuff. Amazing.  Does anyone actually think they've found a butcher who will do our wild game and have it turn out as good as bavarian;s?

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »
Bavarian Meats Landjager is the best stuff ever...It's something about the "snap" and texture of that stuff. Amazing.  Does anyone actually think they've found a butcher who will do our wild game and have it turn out as good as bavarian;s?

Agreed, Bavarian meats is great. Olsen' said they can not get it to turn out as good with wild meat and that's why they don't do it. They do make great pepperoni.

Offline poohdog

• Poohdog
  • Hunter
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
Johnson's Smokehouse in Olympia/Tumwater makes it. Not sure if NW Sausage in Centralia makes it or not.

Offline bigjohn98591

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 09:34:03 PM »
Well I finally got the chance to drop off my meat at Uncle Jim's. I brought in 47 Lbs of meat and split it between Landjager and Kielbasa. I'm disapointed in the Landjager. It's good, but tastes more like a dried pressed pepperoni. I guess I'm just spoiled by the Bavarian meats that I buy at the mini mart in Castle Rock. I like it but it's just not what I was expecting. I haven't tried the Kielbasa yet. Now that I have the Master Built smoker I might try my own next time. Uncle Jim's had great customer service and gaurenteed that I would get my own meat back. All said and done it cost me $220.00 I would definatly use them again for othe r products, one of my co workers said that they have the best terayaki pepperoni he has ever had.

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2018, 10:06:16 PM »
As far as I'm concerned the best place is Silvana Meats in Silvana. long drive for me but worth every penny. :twocents:
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2018, 12:03:17 AM »
Even Uncle Jim in Adna says that Bavarian Meats landjaeger is the absolute best.  I have some of Uncle Jim's landjaeger, it is good but definable not as good as Bavarian.  The next steer that I slaughter, 100 pounds of trimmings is going to Uncle Jim's to be made into teriyaki and country sticks pepperoni.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 05:34:03 AM »
2nd Kelso's meats in Snohomish
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Bwana Bob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2018, 07:01:34 AM »
Double D meats in Montlake terrace

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2018, 07:13:04 AM »
I went through the search and didn't find what I was looking for. Took my daughter to Idaho and we each got a buck. I took all of the meat that I would normally grind or can and froze it with the idea of having some sausage or pepperoni made. I think I want Landjager instead. Only problem is I don't know of any shops that make it since this is the first time I have decided to do this. I live in Toledo and was hoping that those who are in the know might be able to recomend a shop within a reasonable distance (say Olympia to Vancouver) that makes it.

I think Stewarts may do it.  Nope, called and they do not.  Farmer George does not.  You may want to try Carek in Roslyn.

Stewarts has the best landjaeger but it is made in Seattle by some other meat shop. I am tagging along on this thread. I want to find someone to make me 60-80 pounds of the stuff.

Polarbear, The place is Bavarian Meats at the Pike Place Market. I think everybody who don't make their own, uses them. It's the best and it's under $10 a pound. Eggers buys it and sells it for nearly $20 a pound. I used to have it shipped to me when I lived in Curlew.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Online The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
Del Fox meats in Stanwood has the best I have had. And also has the cleanest butcher shop I have seen

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »
I went through the search and didn't find what I was looking for. Took my daughter to Idaho and we each got a buck. I took all of the meat that I would normally grind or can and froze it with the idea of having some sausage or pepperoni made. I think I want Landjager instead. Only problem is I don't know of any shops that make it since this is the first time I have decided to do this. I live in Toledo and was hoping that those who are in the know might be able to recomend a shop within a reasonable distance (say Olympia to Vancouver) that makes it.

I think Stewarts may do it.  Nope, called and they do not.  Farmer George does not.  You may want to try Carek in Roslyn.

Stewarts has the best landjaeger but it is made in Seattle by some other meat shop. I am tagging along on this thread. I want to find someone to make me 60-80 pounds of the stuff.

Polarbear, The place is Bavarian Meats at the Pike Place Market. I think everybody who don't make their own, uses them. It's the best and it's under $10 a pound. Eggers buys it and sells it for nearly $20 a pound. I used to have it shipped to me when I lived in Curlew.

Yeah.  I talked to Butch who owns Stewarts and he told me that's where they get it and he can't come close to making it like them.  As much as I HATE going into King County and especially Seattle, it might be worth looking into having them make me a 50-100 pound batch from my own beef.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2018, 10:47:40 AM »
Johnson's Smoke House in Olympia.

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »
I guess everyone's taste buds are different. I used TNT'S for many years only draw back was time it took to get made up. (Talking Landjaeger here). Switched to Uncle Jim's who has a very fast turn around time.  Yes, it is different.  I ship about 50 lbs a year to the
Marine Security  Forces in Kings Bay, GA.  They like Uncle Jim's much better.  I am not going to argue with a Marine... Just my  :twocents:

Offline KNOPHISH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2018, 11:24:09 AM »
Actually happy to hear about a processor that's picky about the meat that comes thru their shop- their reputation is on the line about the final product. Bring them freezer burnt, blood shot, fatty, hairy meat ect- you're going to get crap back. A lot of processors will just run thru what they are brought - gross!
If u want good meat , bring good meat!
I do all mine myself so I know what I'm eating
Also if you have a nice clean animal but the guys next to yours hanging is nasty it rubs off on yours. I've tried this landjager but just prefer pepperoni.
I have Man Chit to do

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw