collapse
Double U Hunting Supply A lightweight orange vest that complements your technical hunting apparel!

Author Topic: 2017 General Rifle Season  (Read 2736 times)

Offline bigmacc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: 2017 General Rifle Season
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 08:39:37 PM »
Axe multi season tags, and declare east or west side tag just like elk.
Agreed...and go to a draw system that mirrors Idaho. Copy their draw system word for word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir :tup:

Offline pcal

• Hunter
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »
 For those who want to kill off what is equivalent to black friday to the businesses in Twisp,Winthrop and stores in Eastern Washington by shutting down OTC muledeer hunting:  :bdid:I and my son seen 4 nice bucks on the few days that allowed us to,due to heavy rain and snow and fog.Talking to the group who skins deer for free (tips excepted)in Twisp they were down 30% from the last few years so those suggestion of gutting the local economy to help the deer might be not just wrong but way too extreme.I shot a nice 2x3 and less than 20 minutes later a 4x4 came through almost in the same path.My son shot a 5x5 that was leading the way of my buck and then filmed a 4x5 for 10 minutes with his cell phone that came up from the canyon below us.I have that buck video transfered to my phone as proof.We do need to go after the predators as I seen way more bear and cat tracks in my areas than in the past.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
For those who want to kill off what is equivalent to black friday to the businesses in Twisp,Winthrop and stores in Eastern Washington by shutting down OTC muledeer hunting:  :bdid:I and my son seen 4 nice bucks on the few days that allowed us to,due to heavy rain and snow and fog.Talking to the group who skins deer for free (tips excepted)in Twisp they were down 30% from the last few years so those suggestion of gutting the local economy to help the deer might be not just wrong but way too extreme.I shot a nice 2x3 and less than 20 minutes later a 4x4 came through almost in the same path.My son shot a 5x5 that was leading the way of my buck and then filmed a 4x5 for 10 minutes with his cell phone that came up from the canyon below us.I have that buck video transfered to my phone as proof.We do need to go after the predators as I seen way more bear and cat tracks in my areas than in the past.

Congrats on your success.

Are you seriously suggesting that the priority of the herd be placed behind the local businesses? If the local businesses are that dependent on the hunting season, wouldn't that just be postponing the inevitable, with the herd declining year after year?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline wsmnut

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 08:18:06 AM »
Axe multi season tags, and declare east or west side tag just like elk.
Agreed...and go to a draw system that mirrors Idaho. Copy their draw system word for word.

I'd like to see these changes  :yeah: as well as see Fish and Game shorten the season a bit in recognition of a problem.  The communities of the Methow have adjusted and survived nearly snowless winters (fewer skiers, etc.) and the Carlton Complex fire.
They can handle a few less hunters leaving money behind. 
Question then becomes "Can the local game manager handle it?"  Does he recognize that there is a problem?  Doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir :tup:
Wsmnut

Belief is so often the death of reason.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 09:49:31 AM »
Can the local game manager handle it? Does he recognize that there is a problem?

@Mtnmuley

......Grabbing the popcorn! :chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 11:53:58 AM »
Ha. You're talking about a guy who in no way is what I would call a "game manager". He's far too concerned with his fisher, wolverine, grizzly, and wolf work to even be able to spell the word ungulate.

Offline Cuernos1

• Pilgrim
  • De Opresso Liber
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 06:29:50 AM »
Damn wolves can't count 3 pts
De Opresso Liber
Maj/DAV
3rd SFGA-ODA-354

Offline bigmacc

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 04:21:18 PM »
Damn wolves can't count 3 pts

Same deal with the cats and bears, We,ve seen more of both of them in the last 10 years than we have seen in the last 50!!

Offline bigmacc

• Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »
About 7 years ago(give or take) on a spring scouting trip in the Methow, we seen 2 cougars and a bear in a 4 day stretch, the bear had a fawn hanging out of its mouth that looked to be a week or two old as it lumbered down a small ridge. We went back later that summer(early sept.) into a different area at a different elevation and ran into 2 more cats. Now I,m hearing about Grizzly,s. Hopefully somebody gets this figured out..... :twocents:

* Recent Topics